“Unexpectedly Fantastic!”

Grumpy's Italian Grill
Ranked #24 of 120 Restaurants in Cullman
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 24 April 2018

We went online to find a place to eat during a late “stop-for-the-night”, on our way home to MN. We like to try to eat at local restaurants, rather than at chains we can eat at when at home. A couple places weren’t in business any longer and when our GPS took us into an unlikely industrial area to find Grumpy’s Italian Grill, we were not optimistic, to say the least. We were glad we didn’t judge the restaurant by it’s outer appearance or it’s surroundings! They have a nice assortment of items on their menu, plus pizza. DH ordered the pizza and I ordered an Alfredo item. The waitress was so friendly & helpful when we asked for suggestions. Mine came with either garlic toast or Cheese Bread. OMG...I could have been filled up with just the garlicky, yummy cheesy bread! I have never tasted anything so good! Now, I definitely never want to know how many calories are in one piece, let alone the two I ate! The Alfredo was delicious, too, and my DH raved about how good the pizza was. We ate in the restaurant area, but there is, also, a bar attached and had music that night. The prices for food and drinks were very reasonable and the servings were generous. This place is a definite must stop, if you like casual and good food. Thank you GPS, as we would never have just stumbled onto this place and would have missed an exceptional meal!

2  Thank MinnesotaGrandma

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

We had a bad experience with All Steak restaurant, and was looking for a quick rebound lunch, and thank goodness we found Grumpy’s. Staff was super friendly, they were overly helpful and accommodating. They answered all of our questions about the menu. Service was quick, food was outstanding. This is definitely one of our go to spots on a regular basis now. They have live music sometimes, they have a convenient drive thru. They have a bar. Give them a try you want be disappointed. Coming here definitely made us forget about the All Steak fiasco.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

When we arrived, there was no one great us or seat us. The food was good and the service was very good. The price was reasonable and the portion size was very nice. The cheesy, garlic bread was excellent.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

You've got to try the lasagna or chef salad or the Hawaiian pizza!!! Service can be slow at times, but this place hops at lunch time!! With a 1 hour lunch, my coworkers and I can usually get there and back to work within 1 hour. They do have a pick up window for call ahead orders.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This was the first time we had visited Cullman, and were looking for a place to eat that wasn't fast food. We saw Grumpy's and decided to take a chance on it. We were definitely not disappointed! My wife had the spaghetti with meat sauce and I had the chicken alfredo. Both were delicious! They both come with garlic bread that is out of this world. A whole small load of freshly cooked bread, loaded with butter and garlic. I just about would travel the hour each way just to eat that bread!!