“Best Steaks in Wiregrass Area”
Review of McLin's Restaurant

McLin's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Daleville
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Seafood and steak. Mainly fried but have added broiled. Great food for a good price. Very popular with locals.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Steaks in Wiregrass Area”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Ricky McLin and his team continue to provide the best food at the best possible price. If you love steak and shrimp, you've found your place. If you like catfish, then McLin's is for you. Of course, there are other things offered but these are my personal favorites. I've lived in the Wirgegrass nearly all my life and McLins is by far the best place to eat steak and seafood. If any of our state or national leaders are in the area they are often taken to McLins. So, go and enjoy! You won't be disappointed!! Matt S

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Matt S

“So Good!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best steak house I have ever been. The food may be a little on the expensive side but it is so worth it! This is the only place I will eat steak. Their fried catfish is awesome as well. Very homely people here. Highly recommended for those looking for a casual restaurant with 5 star food!

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Thoroughly enjoyed since 1978...”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My first exposure to McLin's was while stationed at Ft. Rucker back in 1978, just a month shy of the birth of my first child... I've logged many miles in the years since, but have always treasured the times I can get back to Daleville; the most recent being in April, when I was privileged to introduce my youngest grandson to the BEST fried chicken on the green hills of earth!
Of course, my all time favorite is the deluxe catfish platter... just typing it is making me hungry! WELL worth the 10 hour drive!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank FrankWhite1958
Dothan, Alabama
“Okay food, terrible price and atmosphere”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The special was about $19 for the steak, salad, potato and single roll. To get fried shrimp on the side, you had to order the "Half-order" dinner at $8 and leave off the sides. This gets you 8 medium size fried shrimp. The salad was iceberg with a few spinach leaves, a few cherry tomatoes, and a single cucumber slice. Dressing on the side was available. Butter and sour cream were pre-packaged. Did not have desert. The steaks were great.

Atmosphere was jam-packed, cram-'em-in-and-feed-'em. Layout was odd. Noise level was high. Service was good and staff friendly. It's a very popular local spot.

Most items on menu are fried.

We were not offered and did not get the starters everyone raved about.

No alcoholic beverages available.

• Visited May 2014
“Amazing steak!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We come here very often. They have mastered having the right cut of steak and cooking it to perfection! There crab claws and hush puppies are go good also. One side note when I was there for lunch we received our food right when it was time for them to close. I asked the waitress for hush puppies and she said the kitchen was closed and could not cook me and. Since there were a lot of people in the Resturant found that very frustrating they would turn off and close the kitchen. So just make sure there is plenty of time to eat before they close.

• Visited May 2014