“Very Nice Hotel With Just A Bit Of Dirt”

Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Daphne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Very Nice Hotel With Just A Bit Of Dirt”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a typical Best Western Plus that I've encountered. The room was clean and polished, the building was very nice looking from the entrance to the lobby to the hallways, and the staff members were extremely friendly and helpful. Only three things prevented me from giving this stay an excellent rating. The room I had contained a sleeper couch which I moved closer to the bed so my toddler could climb up and down on the bed. When I moved the couch, I noticed Cheerios, dirt, and other trash indicating the underside had not been cleaned in a while. The beds themselves were advertised as queen sized but felt a bit undersized. The in-room internet did not work for me. Since I was just staying the night, I didn't bring the issues up to management. However, those little issues would do not prevent me from recommending this hotel as an overall good example of the nice Best Western Plus line. Should I go through Daphne again, this hotel will be up there on my list of choices.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
bwplusdaphne, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
First I would like Thank You for staying with us again. We would like to apologize with the issue you had in the room. I will address this to the head housekeeper. again we are very sorry. If you have any question feel free to contact us.

Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I booked and paid for my room a week before my reservation. This motel KEPT my receipt when I registered. They asked for an ID and credit card to secure the room, but assured me that I was prepaid. Upon checking out I asked for my final bill and was told that I had a zero balance. Therefore I didn't need a receipt. Two days later my credit card was billed again for the cost of the room. The credit card company said they had to talk to the motel. Finally I took the matter in my own hands and contacted the motel myself. Not a fun issue to resolve while on vacation. Stay away from this facility .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
bwplusdaphne, General Manager at Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for your review of our property! I would like apologize with the issue you had at our hotel. The guest made a reservation through a third party web site, but some how we had the guest credit card on file. but we did fix the problem, we refund the guest back and call the third party and charge them. . Again we do apologize with the issue you had with the hotel If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Mitesh Desai
jasper, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014

They make it very easy to check in and the motel is very well keeped.The pool was very clean.The lobby is beautiful and the maids are very freindly.I have been here before and they always, I repeat ALWAYS make my trips comfortable. I brought my grandaughter one time and she loved it.Thanks and please dont change.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwplusdaphne, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
First I would like Thank You for staying with us again. We are very happy that your accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal at Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future. If you have any question feel free to contact us.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This would have been a nice stay, however after being out of the room since 12:30pm and returning after 9:00pm, my room had not been cleaned. In fact it had not been cleaned since I arrived on Wednesday and it was not until Friday night that I complained. The desk clerk picked up a paper and stated, "the room has been checked off as being cleaned." I asked her to come up and view the room for herself and she stated that she believed me but couldn't leave the desk. I was appalled that she offered me garbage bags and towels for me to discard the trash myself. I did not pay 300.00 to take out my own trash. I paid for full service just like everyone else. Besides that, two lights in the room did not work and there was no ventilation system in the bathroom making every shower a miserable one due to the steam level in the bathroom. Just know that if you stay here, be prepared to take on a challenge in order to get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your review of our property! I would like apologize with the issue you had at our hotel. the guest stated that did not get service in the room everyday. first we did apologize to the guest and try to figure out the issue. we talk to the housekeeper she did tell us she service the room everyday. if the guest had an issue that there where not getting service why would the guest wait 4 days later to inform the manager. so we did again we did apologize to the guest with the issue, we have a very clean hotel with high scores and its a award wining property. Again we did apologize to the guest with the issue,

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

After much research I booked four nights at this hotel and was extremely disappointed. At first glance the hotel looked fine but after further inspection I discovered blood stains on my bedding. I went to the front desk to ask for clean bedding and was told there was no way to get any, that it was locked and there was no way to get a key that evening. I asked to speak to a manager (Eric) and got the same reply. There was no apologies, we were only told that we would be given a refund and we could take our business elsewhere. The next day a booked a room at a much nicer hotel for the remainder of my stay. After this experience I will, at all costs, avoid staying at any Best Western in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
bwplusdaphne, General Manager at Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for your review of our property! I would like apologize with the issue you had at our hotel. I did talk to Jessica and Eric about the issue. the guest gave the wrong information. Jessica and eric did help the guest out. Jessica gave her two new blankets and eric took a brand new comforter out from the storage room. so the guest lied about the employee didn't do nothing about it. the guest came to the front desk cussing at Jessica and Jessica ask the guest to calm down because there where other guest in the lobby. but she kept cussing at her and then eric came up and help the guest out. this guest was so rude, Jessica and eric did apologize to the guest and fix the issue. The guest wanted to leave the hotel and eric just check the guest out.. we have a very clean hotel with high scores and its a award wining property. Again we do apologize with the issue you had with the hotel If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Hinesville, GA
Reviewed 21 July 2014

THE GOOD --We stayed for a full week during our vacation to the South Baldwin County, AL area to vist family, friends and all the many wonderful destination spots of the area. Could not have asked for a better motel experience and accomodations. Breakfast's were great -- facilities were very clean -- ALL staff very cordial, professional and efficient -- pool has a great feature of a handicap "lift" for those with physical handicaps -- Housekeeping was exceptional -- location was so convenient to all the destination areas of South Baldwin County, Mobile, AL and Pensacola, FL. A wonderful Mall destination with all the major restaurants less the one half mile. Parking and access was good. The room size was excellent with a king bed, a sizeable sitting area with couch, a nice desk with wifi, a very sizeable closet and all the ammenities of refrig/micro and a very well stocked bathroom. The price was very good and the overall experience great having spent an entire professional career in travel and motels for a comparison. The rate for us now retired, was exceptional and a NO-Haggle best rate was offered when age was determined. THE BAD -- No way to set the fan speed on the room air/heating and it spit out ice cubes when air came on to cool and right next to the bed. Noise dampening was great except for the rooms directly above, though not too bad. Check this motel out for your next trip to the area!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwplusdaphne, General Manager at Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank You for your review. We are very happy that your accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal at Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future. If you have any question feel free to contact us.

Mitesh Desai
Sulphur, Louisiana
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were just at this hotel for an overnight stay. Evening desk clerk was friendly. Beds were very comfortable. Our room and bathroom were very clean. Unfortunately, the WiFi was slow, but that is my only complaint. Loved having the sofa in the room to sit on for an early morning cup of coffee. We enjoyed the breakfast, which was typical fare for a Best Western Plus. Grabbed a complimentary USA Today at the desk in the morning and spoke to a second desk clerk who was also nice. I would definitely stay here again when traveling through the area. I liked the fact that the hotel is a little bit tucked away. Did not have any trouble finding it using GPS. There is a mall in the area, several restaurants, and a Bass Pro Shop not far away.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
bwplusdaphne, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 July 2014

Front Desk Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daphne
Hampton Inn Mobile-East Bay/Daphne
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile-East Bay-Daphne
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Daphne-Spanish Fort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Daphne
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Daphne/Mobile
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile Daphne/Eastern Shore

Been to Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!