“Great nights sleep”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Daphne
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here on our visit to the Mobile area, very clean, nice hotel, only draw back was the noisy neighbors above us walking loudly back and forth, they finally stopped close to 10, so we slept well. Fresh food on the breakfast bar in the morning. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 April 2014

The Comfort Suites in Daphne is conveniently located to I-10, although the entry is a bit tricky. The facility is well-kept and the furnishings seem up-dated, if somewhat somber in appearance. The day clerk could use some training in social skills, as she seemed to be unable to greet guests and only able to recite a litany of questions and commands: "Name," "Credit or debit card," "initial here," "Elevator is behind you." Her principal interest seemed to be in getting guests to understand that the swimming pool was closed. The morning clerk was much more human. The room, with king bed, sofa, desk, etc. was comfortably furnished, although the desk chair was a bit rickety. The hot water out of the tap was really hot, and so some caution is advised. Breakfast in the morning is typical Choice Hotel fare -- OK but not exciting. The waffle maker turned out inedible and flaccid rounds, the consistency of brown and serve bread before it had been browned. But there was ample fruit and cereal. The eggs and biscuits were fine.

The wifi in the rooms was good; the TV had scads of stations but no premium station I could find or a printed listing of channels.

The hotel is located right next to the Eastern Shore walking trail for those who need to stretch their legs after a long day on the road. In a short walk I managed to spot a couple of gators and a large heron.

There are restaurants nearby, although the major chains have now moved down the road nearer to exit 38 -- perhaps why this Choice hotel is five bucks cheaper than the one at the newer exit, a decent trade off.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Location: This hotel is located in a great spot right off the highway and next to a newer shopping center with places to eat. Also a Bass Pro store on the other side of the highway.

Appearance: The hotel appears well kept and up to date. It looks like a recent renovation in the last few years.

General Up-Keep: Overall pretty good. I you look closely you will find things, but you really have to look, like old heater and rugs in the stairwells.

Workout room: WORN OUT! Again another Choice Hotel that is not keeping up with times. I think I may have pulled something just from using their bike, the peddles were all screwed up….. We like to have working equipment to use while we visit. Please replace at least once a year. There is a trail that starts about ¼ mi from the hotel for runners outdoors.

Pool: Did not use, but looked OK.

Restaurant: No restaurant, but serves basic breakfast. They had you normal free food and not much for the vegan traveler like me. Average travelers will be fine.

Room: I had a king non-smoking room on the 2nd floor. The room was a good size and pretty well kept. My room had the normal Comfort Suites couch and table and plenty of room for my workout. Yes, it was clean overall and the bed was fine.

Internet & TV: Internet worked fast. TV was OK, but channels little hard to figure out, not hotels fault, but the cable companies.

Overall Report: Nice clean, up to date Comfort Suites. Exactly what I expected.

Would I come back: Yes

Would I bring my wife and family: Yes

Reason for this trip: Business

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This hotel was a great hotel when it first opened. It is the 2/3 rd's of the way to Florida stop for me and my family. I have been staying here for years on my way to Destin Florida. This site has been slowly going down hill since it opened. The room was just palin old wore out. Rips in the carpet and broke tiles in the bathroom on which my son stubed his toe and drew blood. I have friends that travel with us and go down when we do most of the time. They stayed here because we did and their room was horrendous. There was FECES in the toliet and the toilet was clogged when they got into their room. They went to the desk and the clerk called the "Manager" (Owner?) who refused to change rooms or to fix the clog. My friends were able to get the clerk to give them a plunger and they tried to unclog it themselves but it would not completely unclog. When my friend called the hotel and spoke with the manager/Owner he stated she would not let him in the room to fix anything. I was there He never showed up and never offered to fix anything. Both rooms smelled - just the stale not cleaned very well ever smell. I will not stop here any longer and will choose another location in the Daphne, Al area whether it is a Choice property or not. But if they are owned by the same group probably not. When I am on vacation - taking care of room problems is not what I want to spend my time on. The front desk clerk tried but was thwarted by her Manager/Owner on trying to make things better.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were passing through on our way to Destin, after stopping at other hotels in the area, and not able to stay at them because they either had no rooms or nobody was at the front desk, we ended up staying here.I guess we should of stopped here first. THe room was nice and clean, we had plenty of room. The breakfast was wonderful, and we loved walking the trail and watching the alligators. Thanks for a good nights rest, and a wonderful breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Great place to stay although it was a little tricky to get too. The hotel lobby was decorated for Madigra so made it very festive. The receptionist was very helpful and was able to give us a very quiet room on the 3rd floor. She also helped with directions to Walmart and since it was dark by the time we sure were glad for her help which took us right to the spot.

The room was very nice and well laid out and extremely clean. The bed was one of the best we have slept in and we have been on the road since 2012. Only problem with room was that the heater was not working correctly and so we turned it off at night and it got cold.

Also, the bathroom light was connected to the fan so you could not turn on the light without getting a fan and I prefer separate switches.

The breakfast was great. Seems to be standard fare for Comfort Inns which is very sufficient for us.

Room Tip: room on south side is away from most road traffic, looks out onto green treed area and has nice warm...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This is a nice hotel conveniently located along I-10. It seemed recently built or renovated, and the room/suite was one of the biggest I have ever stayed at, for this level of price. The only regret I have about this stay is that I only spent one night here, enroute to my final destination.
For any one who can afford to spend more than one night at this place, I truly recommend it. You'll be surrounded by all stores and food venues you may need. The breakfast buffet at this hotel is great, and the front-desk personnel are very professional and courteous. There's not a lot missing from this hotel, and there are no negatives I can think of based on my one night's stay!

Room Tip: You can really trust the pictures for this hotel!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ozkar-F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daphne
Hampton Inn Mobile-East Bay/Daphne
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Daphne/Mobile
Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile-East Bay-Daphne
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#10 of 11 in Daphne
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile Daphne/Eastern Shore

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!