“"Housekeeping not efficient - otherwise decent place to stay"”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Daphne
Casper, Wyoming
“"Housekeeping not efficient - otherwise decent place to stay"”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here while we were vacationing at Gulf Shores. We arrived late at night and the place is somewhat difficult to find in the dark. The front desk staff was exceptionally nice and tried to make things workable. The rooms were clean and beds comfy. According to my son the pull out couch was a little hard. There weren't any sheets for the pullout and we had to ask for those, and my son would have liked an additional blanket for the bed too, but they didn't have extras. We missed breakfast the first morming due to sleeping in since we arrived late at night and that they close at 9am sharp during the weekdays. The only negative I would have is that the cleaning staff didn't clean our room 2 out of the 4 days that we stayed. We ended up having to take out our own garbage when we got back to the hotel and slept in sheets that were accidentally spilled on.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed one night on our way to Orlando. We were happy to find something reasonably priced. Our GPS took us on the right path which otherwise might prove to be a little tricky. The lobby area was very elegant looking, as were the hallways. Our room was a very good size with a king bed and a large couch. The appearance of everything was very good but...What about the paint or soap build-up on the back of the bathroom door? That was pretty bad looking. The faucet for the tub was rusty with plier marks on it. The wood doors up and down the hall needed cleaning. There was a used plastic glass on our bathroom counter. None of these are deal-breakers but do show a lack of attention for cleaning/maintenance. We had no problems at all with noise and slept great in a very comfortable bed. Hot breakfast foods were scrambled eggs--delicious--and gravy and biscuits. Some meat would have been nice. All in all, with a little more loving care, this place would be great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
DEFUNIAK SPRINGS
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here on our visit to the Mobile area, very clean, nice hotel, only draw back was the noisy neighbors above us walking loudly back and forth, they finally stopped close to 10, so we slept well. Fresh food on the breakfast bar in the morning. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The Comfort Suites in Daphne is conveniently located to I-10, although the entry is a bit tricky. The facility is well-kept and the furnishings seem up-dated, if somewhat somber in appearance. The day clerk could use some training in social skills, as she seemed to be unable to greet guests and only able to recite a litany of questions and commands: "Name," "Credit or debit card," "initial here," "Elevator is behind you." Her principal interest seemed to be in getting guests to understand that the swimming pool was closed. The morning clerk was much more human. The room, with king bed, sofa, desk, etc. was comfortably furnished, although the desk chair was a bit rickety. The hot water out of the tap was really hot, and so some caution is advised. Breakfast in the morning is typical Choice Hotel fare -- OK but not exciting. The waffle maker turned out inedible and flaccid rounds, the consistency of brown and serve bread before it had been browned. But there was ample fruit and cereal. The eggs and biscuits were fine.

The wifi in the rooms was good; the TV had scads of stations but no premium station I could find or a printed listing of channels.

The hotel is located right next to the Eastern Shore walking trail for those who need to stretch their legs after a long day on the road. In a short walk I managed to spot a couple of gators and a large heron.

There are restaurants nearby, although the major chains have now moved down the road nearer to exit 38 -- perhaps why this Choice hotel is five bucks cheaper than the one at the newer exit, a decent trade off.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Carneys Point, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Location: This hotel is located in a great spot right off the highway and next to a newer shopping center with places to eat. Also a Bass Pro store on the other side of the highway.

Appearance: The hotel appears well kept and up to date. It looks like a recent renovation in the last few years.

General Up-Keep: Overall pretty good. I you look closely you will find things, but you really have to look, like old heater and rugs in the stairwells.

Workout room: WORN OUT! Again another Choice Hotel that is not keeping up with times. I think I may have pulled something just from using their bike, the peddles were all screwed up….. We like to have working equipment to use while we visit. Please replace at least once a year. There is a trail that starts about ¼ mi from the hotel for runners outdoors.

Pool: Did not use, but looked OK.

Restaurant: No restaurant, but serves basic breakfast. They had you normal free food and not much for the vegan traveler like me. Average travelers will be fine.

Room: I had a king non-smoking room on the 2nd floor. The room was a good size and pretty well kept. My room had the normal Comfort Suites couch and table and plenty of room for my workout. Yes, it was clean overall and the bed was fine.

Internet & TV: Internet worked fast. TV was OK, but channels little hard to figure out, not hotels fault, but the cable companies.

Overall Report: Nice clean, up to date Comfort Suites. Exactly what I expected.

Would I come back: Yes

Would I bring my wife and family: Yes

Reason for this trip: Business

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Bartlett, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This hotel was a great hotel when it first opened. It is the 2/3 rd's of the way to Florida stop for me and my family. I have been staying here for years on my way to Destin Florida. This site has been slowly going down hill since it opened. The room was just palin old wore out. Rips in the carpet and broke tiles in the bathroom on which my son stubed his toe and drew blood. I have friends that travel with us and go down when we do most of the time. They stayed here because we did and their room was horrendous. There was FECES in the toliet and the toilet was clogged when they got into their room. They went to the desk and the clerk called the "Manager" (Owner?) who refused to change rooms or to fix the clog. My friends were able to get the clerk to give them a plunger and they tried to unclog it themselves but it would not completely unclog. When my friend called the hotel and spoke with the manager/Owner he stated she would not let him in the room to fix anything. I was there He never showed up and never offered to fix anything. Both rooms smelled - just the stale not cleaned very well ever smell. I will not stop here any longer and will choose another location in the Daphne, Al area whether it is a Choice property or not. But if they are owned by the same group probably not. When I am on vacation - taking care of room problems is not what I want to spend my time on. The front desk clerk tried but was thwarted by her Manager/Owner on trying to make things better.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Tishomingo, Mississippi
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were passing through on our way to Destin, after stopping at other hotels in the area, and not able to stay at them because they either had no rooms or nobody was at the front desk, we ended up staying here.I guess we should of stopped here first. THe room was nice and clean, we had plenty of room. The breakfast was wonderful, and we loved walking the trail and watching the alligators. Thanks for a good nights rest, and a wonderful breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daphne
Hampton Inn Mobile-East Bay/Daphne
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Daphne/Mobile
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile-East Bay-Daphne
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#10 of 11 in Daphne
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile Daphne/Eastern Shore
Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!