“Great and Pet Friendly but Complicated Billing”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Daphne
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I really liked this hotel. We were in town for a friend's wedding and this was the only place that would allow us to bring our dogs. The room was clean and the hotel looked brand new. Comfy bed too. The breakfast was much better than other hotel breakfasts I've seen. The staff was also really friendly.
This hotel is also in a really nice area. There are shops and restaurants across the street and it allows easy access to the highway.
My one complaint is the billing - I have no idea what is going on with the billing. The hotel gave us a receipt listing a completely different (lower) price than what was actually charged. Also, if you book through their website there is a booking fee. Excuse me? I self-booked and was charged a fee for that privilege? So, now we are having to call and straighten this whole mess out which slightly taints an otherwise perfect stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed 25 August 2013

This hotel is okay if nothing else is available. The 'chicklet' sized pillows on the bed were hard and lumpy (with big lumps). There were two queen sized beds and all 6 pillows were the same way. The bed was comfortable enough, but who can sleep on pillows like that? The person who made the beds had to know how hard and lumpy they were. Oh, and the comforters on the bed also had big lumps all over them (but they weren't hard). Wish I had taken pictures of them.

Something in this room made my allergies act up and I spent hours in the middle of the night with eyes and nose streaming. I think they need to change the filters in the AC unit. We had the AC on but the air in our room felt wet all night. Anyway, I had an awful nights sleep here. The breakfast was just okay. The scrambled eggs were way too salty, so I stuck with yogurt, fruit and coffee which was good.
We stayed only this one night and went to a different hotel for the rest of our stay. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go next door to the Holiday Inn Express. The beds are comfortable and you have a choice of soft or...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns & Suites standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We were in town for a graduation and stayed at the Country Inn & Suites on the other side of the Mobile Bay. It was a little out of the way, but as a Carlson Hotel employee, we like to stay at the companies hotels when possible. In checking in on a Thursday evening I was taken care of as a side thought to the front desk staff who seemed to be more interested in two gals who wanted a $10 charge off a credit card. Friday morning at 8AM we opened the door to carpet workman banging and gluing! The fumes coming into the bathroom- Aughhhh! Had slow draining sink & tub, but maintenance took care after we identified the problem. Service and staff were just average. Country Inn & suites is know for being your home away from home so I was a little disappointed in just being treated average, especially during tourism season! I hope the owners will do a training in customer service! Good Morning, Glad you're here and glad you came cost nothing!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

We were traveling to New Orleans and decided to stay at this hotel. Great choice! They only had one room left which was a suite and pretty spacious. Within 10 minutes of us checking out the room, the front desk staff called to make sure we were satisfied with the room. It was a very clean and modern room for the price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The location is perfect and close to everything. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 11 July 2013

No pet odors.. Very well maintained. Close to restaurants and shopping.. Pleased with our stay and would stay again. Nice outside picnic area. Felt safe walking alone in the area. Clean rooms and beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Nice room. Comfy bed. Amenities were standard. Fairly friendly hotel staff. Hotel store a bit over priced. No bugs or loud guests. Family friendly. Wifi was a bit slow. Had to keep signing in if I didn't use it constantly. My only true discrepancy was the elevator use. Being that there is a pool. There was a good amount of water on the floor leading up to the elevator and inside. So at all times of the day and night you are likely to slip. Not good. Almost fell myself running to the car in my flip flops. They should require guests to dry completely off and wear sandals as they return to their rooms. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Nice ,clean, friendly staff, comfortable beds. All in all, a nice place to stay. A thank-you travel bag was given when we checked out! Not a big deal, but a really nice touch. A good location to go to Mobile, Fairhope, Magnolia Springs and Foley and get back in a short time.The breakfast was good and really loved that the t.v. was set on our favorite news channel.Given the opportunity, we will return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family