“Miserable stay”

Eastern Shore Motel
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Daphne
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The rooms are moldy and the toilet runs constantly . The staff is rude and things mysteriously disappeared from the room when housekeeping came in. The housekeeping staff rarely leaves toilet tissue and treat you like you're going to steal their cheap towels. The bedding had huge holes in it and the heat worked sometimes.

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen P

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We were very pleased with our stay the staff was alot of help in informing us about the area the motel is manage very well our room was very clean my wife & I will be back to stay good price, clean room, great staff & managment

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank stumpjumber
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We were traveling through AL during a storm, checked out several motels close to the interstate they seemed to expensive just for a few hours layover, we inquired at a local restaurant where any other motels were. They sent us down hwy 98. We found Eastern Shore, the desk clerk was friendly, the rooms comfortable and clean, I got the feeling that the place is well managed. It is located close to eating places, we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and son went to work early so I slept in. I was rudely awakened and was told I had to switch rooms because of my dog! We ask for a copy of the dog policy which is posted and reads something like we accept dogs weiging less than 25 lbs when space is avaiable. I took a picture of it since the desk girl refused to give us a copy. I wanted it to send to my husbands boss, he knew I had a dog (yorkie) 5 lbs. which I love so he knew we would have to settle for a lower class motel. Judy hadley the general manager confronted me by pounding on the door ad shoved the sign in my face etc.. she said I could hit the road, I explained why I took the picture and that I had no vehicle, she said I could walk!! She refused to give us our money back after we found another motel, said she owned the place and that they wash the comforters every time someone checks out! She said my husband and his co-workers were low lifes! I saw dead brown recluse spiders in their roach motels behind the dresser! The electrical is a hazard needs replacing! The beds platforms are dangerous too! The cops were called once while we were there, someone with two poor children were living there, I met the kids because they wanted to pet my dog. It was a very bad expierence for us. I work for the Federal Government and like to be treated better, as I treat others well. There was one housekeeper who was friendly, not sure of her name she smiled and talked with me as if I were somebody. She was the only black employee there!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Ann K
Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

Minor repairs could help /older building with needs /would stay again /great location with interstate , many food options nearby. This area has many interesting thing to do.If you want nice rooms this is great if you want plush/spa type this is not for you.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 21 July 2012

My husband, son, and myself stayed here for a weekend vacation. Front desk clerk was very friendly. Room is a nice size with 2 double beds, fridge, microwave, tv, free WiFi and cable. Good water pressure, cold air conditioning. Old light fixtures and decor, rusted clothes hanging rack, open wires on one of the lamp cords. I found that out after being zapped while plugging in a lamp. Was kinda scared to mess with any other plugs while I was there lol. Pretty noisy outside. Right next to a Waffle House and McDonalds. No swimming pool which disappointed my son who is 6. I think it was about $50 a night.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I recently stayed for one night. The front desk service was really good. The price was 54.00 (but I read there may be coupons available). The room was very clean, including the bathroom. The A/C worked great and thr bed was pretty comfortable. I checked in the drawers and under the fitted sheets to see the mattress (just out of an abundance of caution) and all was clean. The front desk let me use an iron and gave me an ironing board. I would stay again. Its not a swanky place, its simple and inexpensive so do not stay here if you are a hotel snob.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank whitaba
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daphne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Daphne
Hampton Inn Mobile-East Bay/Daphne
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#9 of 11 in Daphne

Been to Eastern Shore Motel? Share your experiences!