“Nice dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Bardstown, Kentucky
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I ate at Islanders on a Saturday night around 7pm. They didn't appear busy but once seated it was awhile before a server came to the table. She apologized several times about the wait and thanks for being patient. There wasn't a big dinner menu selection but when I asked the server if I could order offer the lunch menu she checked with the cook and he said he would do it. I ended up ordering hot wings because it was 50 cent hot wing night. They were actually pretty tasty and hot. I thought they were better than Hooters hot wings. My husband got the mahi mahi and he liked it . My husband and I both agreed we would rather try eating there for lunch for the bigger menu selection and the view of the ocean would be better during the day. The restaurant had a large bar and dining area and the bar was filling up when we left. It looks like its a place where the locals can go but also the tourists as well. I'm willing to go back and give them another try when we are at Dauphin Island.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Heather V

Germantown, Tennessee
“Try this for yourself instead of listening to all the reviews!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We avoided this spot due to the multiple bad reviews but wish we hadn't. Our last night in Dauphin Island we stopped in and ordered a few drinks (they are very generous with their wine pours and actually have a fairly good beer selection) and the key lime pie was wonderful (made fresh in house). The food going out to other tables looked really good. I wish we had eaten at Islanders over some other places and definitely will next time! Patio is very nice and has a large TV. Server was very friendly and attentive.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank TPR104
Shaw, MS
“3rd time to go there”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Went there Friday night for the 3rd time and it gets better each time, I will go back again especially for the apps, good view of the gulf

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank bpartner
Portland, Oregon
“Birthday Disappointment”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were staying on Dauphin Island with my son and his family to celebrate his birthday. For his birthday dinner, we went to the Islanders Restaurant. The service was fine I guess, but the food was not that good. My shrimp and grits were a huge disappointment. In fact, we were all disappointed with our entrees, but I must say, the desserts were really great. My husband and daughter-in-law had the bread pudding, and they said it was the best they had ever had. My son had the key lime pie, and he said it was also really good.

• Visited September 2013
Hendersonville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best little restaurant on the island”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This was the third or fourth time I've been at this restaurant. This time we ate on the back patio for a perfect dinner and evening. Service and food was fantastic.

• Visited September 2013