“Perfect anniversary trip”
other traveller has booked this property
Exterior Living Room
Bedroom-Kingsize
Shower
Lavatory
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jackson, Tennessee
“Perfect anniversary trip”
Reviewed 26 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

My husband and I came to Dauphin island to celebrate our first anniversary. We stayed in Ms. Joy’s one bedroom one bath house. It was a perfect place secluded for our trip. We loved the fact that we were able to bring our two dogs with us. We loved eating at Pirates Pleasure which is not far from the house. We can not wait to come back again. We hope next year to bring family and rent both houses that Ms. Joy has. We initially inquired about the 2 Bedroom house she had but she told us about the smaller 1 Bedroom if we were interested. Thank you again Ms. Joy for allowing us to bring our dogs and stay there.

28 Oct 2017
We are happy that you enjoyed your anniversary trip. Welcome back anytime.
nissangra...
“Great quaint house”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed in the larger house on the same property it was only 25$ more a night.
The property is about dead center of the island with quick access to the 4 public beaches and all the shops and restaurants around.
Ms Joy, the owner, was a delight to talk with and just very accomadating.
This is an island so you are 35 min from any big stores so be prepared.
All in all we had a great trip and will go back.

26 Sep 2017
We are happy that you enjoyed the island and the vacation house. we welcome you back. Thanks. Joy whatley
Donna M
“Great value”
Reviewed 18 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Exactly as advertised. My husband, my dog Roxy and I had the best weekend. Bbq pit on site and all needed kitchen equipment. Seafood market right down the road. Close to lots and lots to do. Highly recommended. We are trying to figure out our return trip now.

19 Sep 2017
I am so glad you had an enjoyable vacation. Welcome back. Thanks. Joy
Charlisa...
Berryville, Arkansas
“Wasn't What We Expected”
Reviewed 26 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

First I would like to say, Mrs. Joy was very kind and gave us a refund on our reservation. I want to thank her for that. But, I do usua lot try to leave an honest review for other patrons to a vacation rental.
We arrived on our vacation with our 2 small dogs. It was advertised as pet friendly, but the old fence was missing at least 3 slats that my pups could have gone through straight into the woods. So, we had to leash them to go out anyway. When we went into the small cottage it was very clean, but decor is extremely dated, 70's or 80's. The bed is on a large platform filling tyhebe ntire bedroom area. It wass at least 3.5 to 4 ft. off the floor with a step to get in. This did not work for my small dogs that sleep with us, nor my husband, who suffers from arthritis and has 2 knee replacements. You basically had to climb in and scoot your way to the head of the bed.
We went and got food after arrival and when we got back the lights weren't working on the front porch, so I had to dig for a flashlight in my purse to get back in, as it was pitch black outside. My youngest dog found the arms of the couch had stuffing coming out on both sides, which were partia Liu covered by a slipcover. I had to ker p him away from the couch. We ate our dinner and decided to find other lodging as the small house was just not suitable for our needs.
In short, Mrs.Joy gave us a refund, which we appreciate, and we didn't get to stay in Dauphin Island.
My advice, ask questions if you have pets, make sure it really is pet friendly, and that the issues have been addressed before booking.

28 Aug 2017
Since charlisa did not spend one night at the vacation house and did not pay one cent, I can't see why her opinion would be relevant. Many people comment in my book about enjoying the cozy beautiful cottage. With C/H/A , 2 tv, s, 2 dvd's, a very comfortable bed, and everything you need, for $75 per night, it is a great deal.
Natasha O
“Perfect Trip”
Reviewed 20 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Great place! We stayed in the larger house and it was perfect. The beach area nearby was a great spot for the dogs and kiddos to swim. I can't wait to come back!

21 Aug 2017
Thank you for coming and enjoying our beach house and Dauphin island. Welcome back anytime. Joy
pdavis201...
Mobile, Alabama
“Perfect Little Beach Cottage”
Reviewed 27 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This is a perfect little beach cottage. Nothing fancy, very low key. I will be booking again! Great for a weekend getaway!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
29 Jul 2017
Thanks. I am glad you enjoyed the cozy, little cottage. Joy
Childersburg, Alabama
Reviewed 30 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

2 May 2017
Glad you enjoyed our beach house. Welcome back anytime. Thanks. Joy
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing