“Like always excellent!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dauphin Island
Dauphin Island Harbor House
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had stayed at this B & B before and again it was awesome experience;)))
everything was excellent !. The owners went beyond our expectations!!
They are so welcoming, the room was very clean and the breakfast just delicious.
We felt as family members.
The island is the perfect place to relax!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Mayaxela

Reviewed 8 March 2014

"home away from home" may sound a little corny but here it's definitely true. George and Carol really make you feel you are family, not just hotel guests. This was our second time at Dauphin House, and when Carol gave us her famous island tour (also mentioned in another review) we still discovered new things on Dauphin Island, even though we thought we knew it pretty well by then. George and Carol also give good advice what to do in the Mobile/Biloxi/Pensacola area.
The breakfast is awesome and the B&B location superb!

Room Tip: we like the upstairs room with bay view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This place is comfortable and has a good breakfast. We enjoyed staying here and got to meet some interesting fellow travelers. If you want to be on this island, this is one of two choices. We did not go into the motel nearby, but it was nearby the main sort of town, where this BnB had a nice dock and wonderful view. Nothing is far away.

Room Tip: I would want to stay in one of the three inside rooms; one, two and three.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Rupie6
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I booked a room online and didn't really know what to expect. So you'd think it would be easy for Dauphin House to exeed my expectations. It did. In every possible way. It was great and then some! Hosts Carol and George took me around the island for a tour. After we'd seen just about everything Dauphin Island has to offer (or at least an overview), they brought me to the Pelican Pub. A great place with friendly people. Just like Carol and George. I didn't really get to see my room until after we were back. The room itself was clean and had a very comfortable bed. The wireless internet actually worked and when I walked out the door in the morning... Wow. The view is something that I can't really explain with just words. In short: Carol, George, their rooms and the view over the Gulf of Mexico make Dauphin House a place that's definitely worth visiting. Have fun!

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor. Can't really judge the rooms on the second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Arie-Wubbo
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Very nice hosts. Room was clean...exterior of B&B was slightly run down....flower bed needed weeding - general clean up and repairs would make it a much nicer place to visit. Our room (6) had a nice view of the water and the dock was a nice place to sit and relax. Convenient location for enjoying the island

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank bamadarlin61
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This B&B was in a nice area and probably used to be decent. As others have noted, a little maintenance goes a long way. Our room was NOT clean...I was afraid to walk on the floor without my shoes on my feet. The owner was on a much deserved vacation and the stand-in team....tried...but did not succeed. The same breakfast (minus the cheesy grits) each day was not what we expected for a birthday get away....I (unfortunately) will remember this birthday. This place is ready to close down.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Davin K
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My adventure with this place simply starts with. "you have got to be kidding me". I have had very bad luck when it comes to hotels so I booked this online and then called to verify and everything was all set for Room 10!.

Now... Upon Arrival Carol was very nice and seemed like she didn't want to tell us the news.... Yep what news you might ask? There was an issue with something and they had to give my room to someone else and that is where it all began...

So she invited me to look at a room that had "twin" beds in it. That would have been great considering it was a night out with my wife! NOT! So then she moved us into a room that was not cleaned yet.

We went out for lunch and then went to the fort and came back to find our room was cleaned with the attached pictures. The bathroom still had bits of trash on the floor... and the sink even had no handles on it it had SCREWS.... The room over all had a stink to it....

Fine... Moving past all of the above I took a shower only to feel like the shower was going to fall apart under me. It wasn't too bad and was OK...

Oh I forgot to mention that the shampoo that was included and the bar soap on the sink WERE USED!

I get into bed and LOW and BEHOLD what does my body tell me the KING size bed is nothing but 2 twin size beds PUSHED together! Only difference it was a 2 inch memory foam on it to so after fighting not to fall into the crack while i hold my wife I try to sleep with the 1 pillow that they provided!

Breakfast on the other hand was EH... A scoop of scrambled eggs 2 pieces of bacon some grits and a biscuit, oh yea and 10 pieces of diced up fruit.

I do have to say this was a birthday nightmare and would tell anyone who tries this place NOT to spend the money because this place may have been good 10 years ago when it was new but it looks like it is no longer taken care of correctly and needs to just shut down at this point.

Room Tip: Just avoid this place!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
12  Thank tunemanbbs

Been to Dauphin Island Harbor House? Share your experiences!