“Comfortable and reasonable”
Review of Gulf Breeze Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dauphin Island
Gulf Breeze Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dauphin Island
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

My friend and I shared a suite so we each had our own bedroom! Nice. It backs up to the bay, had a decent flat screen tv and kitchen. It is basic - not luxury and it was perfect for us. Just the kind of place I like.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank traveler494

Reviewed 21 April 2013

This is a good non-chain motel. The room was large and clean and the mattress was the BEST I have slept on in years. You can walk to the public beach from here. On the other hand, the air conditioner did not work very well. The thing I couldn't understand was that the outside lights burned very brightly all night right outside our window. While I appreciate the (probably unnecessary) security, our room was quite light all night even through shades and curtains.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2013

You better like it because if you don't you will not be getting a refund!

Mold and algae in the bath rooms.
Blood spots on the pillows.
Scum in the tub.
Door locks that can be easily picked with a credit card.
No hair dryer.
No iron.
Nasty coffee pot.

If this doesn't make you want you stay here I dont know what will.

After we showed the evidence to the front desk and he agreed that he would not stay in the room himself he refused a refund.

We also called the owner who also refused a refund.

Read the other reviews!
Do not stay here!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Porter P
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We have stayed here two times, my husband is from mobile and went to dolphin island as a child and wanted to take me there, it is the only hotel on the island , it is older but is well kept up, my 23 year old son was with us and we realized the futon couch was broken when let out for bed, but we told them and they had a brand new one there the same day, we stayed for five nights , it seemed more like a small apartment , but overall we were very satisfied and glad they brought in a new futon bed for my son, we had a two bedroom my father in law was in one room my husband and I in another Andy son on the futon, like I said its the only hotel , not luxery , but it had what we needed and we enjoyed, I would stay there again. Teresa Cunningham

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Didn’t have any significant problems with the motel. It is an older property, but nice location near the water. The room was very large. No cleanliness issues. Only a couple concerns. The motel restricted nights I could stay there in that I originally wanted a room Thursday and Friday nights. I was told it was a three day weekend – if I wanted to stay Friday night I had to stay Saturday night as well. I assume this was due to the Easter Holiday, but I didn’t ask. I changed my plans and stayed Wednesday and Thursday night instead. The other more minor issue was the person that checked me out was pleasant enough until receipt for the bill. She was short with me. I found this unacceptable considering getting receipts for payment is a standard procedure. The room was reasonably priced at about $78.00/night including tax. And the overall the experience was fine.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank kumack
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We were charged $104 (which includes all taxes) per night Apr 1 and 2nd. Expensive for an older average motel room. Two beds, no kitchenette. Did have coffee-maker and frig. Must be an extra charge just to be on Dauphin Island after Easter...or after March 30?? Does have wifi.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HoosierIU
Reviewed 21 March 2013

There are not a lot of motels on the island, this one is an older property but well kept up. The room is large and clean, with a small kitchen area. The beds were OK. There is a laundry available, and dogs are allowed.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner
Gulf Shores Plantation
Gulf Shores Plantation
#8 of 25 in Gulf Shores

Been to Gulf Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!