“Delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gulf Breeze Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dauphin Island
Gulf Breeze Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dauphin Island
Michigan
“Delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Perfect vacation at the beach! Older building is perfectly maintained and spotlessly clean. Comfortable beds and large kitchen / living room area. Huge lawn behind with picnic tables and grills. Directly across the street from a huge public beach on the Gulf. Friendly, helpful staff. I would go here every year if I could. One of the nicest places I have stayed.

Room Tip: Second floor is reached via outdoor stairs.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank gleweliz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sikeston, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our week at this little motel. Two full sized beds, refrigerator and coffee maker for $650 for a week, $95 for one night. Staff is friendly, bed is comfortable, sheets felt great and were so fresh smelling. We did have late room cleaning a couple of days but didn't care--was glad to take fresh towels and smile after a day on the beach. We will do this place again!

• Stayed June 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I don't usually give five stars but this place earned it. If you are looking for a five star hotel chain with mints on the pillow, this is not the one for you. We were looking for a clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced room and we were not disappointed. The place is quaint and right across from the beach. The employees/owners were all very nice and accommodating. We met a friend with a boat for the weekend and there is a landing and a boat slip right on the property. The room was very quite. There are picnic tables outside for grilling and such. No pool but the gulf is across the street. Laundry at the facility to wash away the sand before going home. The only negative thing I can say is , there is no ice machine. They really should have an ice machine on the gulf, in the heat. Other than that, nice job gulf breeze.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 203. The blinds and curtains are on the thin side so our room was great because th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Loxley, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

I've seen it all when it comes to hotels, motels & other rentals. Clean, dirty, down right nasty and those that I wondered how they were still in business. Gulf Breeze is without question one of the finest , cleanest, best maintained motel I've stayed in.This is a small 32 room 2 story "Mom & Pop" type motel which I love to stay at. On my arrival to the room / I immediately started looking for "what was wrong with it"? NOT ONE THINGI can not find one complaint. No motel/hotel smell. Blindfold me / take me to a room let me smell it and I can tell you it's motel or not. Beds are nice and all sheets, towels and pillows smell clean and fresh NO MOTEL SMELL. The husband and wife owners have done an excellent job providing such a high quality motel. My family and I will be back but we will be staying longer.The island here is also wonderful.

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank susan b
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed here on a trip across country. We had just purchased a plane in FL. The hotel was a fairly easy walk from the airport and close to several restaurants and bars. The hotel is clean and the staff friendly (along with the other guests). It was off season so we mostly had the area to our selves.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WorldExplorer26
Saraland, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

This motel is by all means clean. The staff is polite, friendly, and go out of there way to please the customers. When I go into a room, the first thing I notice is its appearance, then the smell. This motel passed my test and I have walked out of many because of smells or looking unclean. It is a quiet, family oriented facility. Never once have I been disturbed when I stayed at the motel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kim D
New Albany, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and absolutely loved it! I loved it so much that I planned a trip, booked a suite and invited family to come and stay! What a MISTAKE!!!! I booked my room in March and had everyone drive 6-8 hours to the hotel only to find out that our reservation had been cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And not by us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After several minutes of telling us that they could not find our reservation, they finally found it in the cancelled stack....it had been cancelled on April 15......I think that they overbooked and did it themselves and tried to blame us. They did not care how far we drove, that we had over 200 bucks in groceries and that we had several small children that we had to think about. All we got was, I'm sorry and I got called a b$%#h by the worker behind the counter because I was upset. No trying to help us find a place to stay, no I'm sorry for the idiot employee who made the mistake, no trying to salvage this at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, BEWARE when you make a reservation.............quadtruple check it because they tend to employ people who obviously have no idea about customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Hampton Inn Fairhope
Hampton Inn Fairhope
#1 of 4 in Fairhope
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillman's Corner

Been to Gulf Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!