“Bring your own cleaning supplies.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Had no problem with nightclub. Didn't even hear it. Walking distance of target store and food places. Rooms barely cleaned. I put my hand on window and it was sticky from top to bottom. Cleaned it myself. Unbelievable the black filth that came off it. Stayed for a week. Toilet, bathtub, bathroom sink, bathroom mirror not cleaned ONCE. Vacuumed maybe 2 times even though it noticeably needed it. The room was dirty when we checked in. We only stayed because our home was being renovated and it was cheap. Oh and walking by other rooms you could see liquid streaks running down the window that were never cleaned while we were there. Internet worked great. Water was hot.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Marrita

Reviewed 16 June 2011

The accomodations were above average for the price; and the hotel staff was very hospitable. I would defintiely recommend it if you're trying to save a few $$$$.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2011

everything in the hotel was good.the service was good everyone was very nice i would stay their again the restraunt was wonderful i rate the hotel a 100%rate

Room Tip: rate
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I was happy with thier friendliness the rooms are were nice and clean. I would deffinetly recommend this and would be staying again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2010

This place was the worst place I've ever stayed! My family was in town to see the Space & Rocket center in Huntsville AL. we couldn't reserve any hotels there due to a baseball game, so we decided to stay at the parkway inn. We paid and reserved a room before we arrived, and when we entered the room the smell of mildew, smoke and sex filled the air! I wanted a refund instantly! But because we paid on our debit card, they told us it would be a few days before we could get our refund, which would take away from our spending money if we stayed at another motel. The beds were so old we were literally swallowed! The pillows were so thin we had to take from the other bed! We had to buy candles and carpet powder in order to get the room to smell better! The wifi was soo slow that it kept freezing up on me. I finally gave up. They didn't have a microwave. They had an ironing board, but no iron. As far as decorations...their was one picture hanging on the wall even that was faded and outdated.Their were 3 lamps and only 2 worked. The night club nearby was extremely loud. We heard loud music until 2:30 am. Then we heard loud drunks walking aroud outside...I was afraid my vehicle would get vandalized or hit by a drunk driver! When we checked out my boyfriend's back was aching so bad! It's interferring with his job as of today! We are never returning to this place and I regret not reading the comments before we checked in! Lesson learned.

3  Thank Zoell
sefali, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2011

we have not own the property until 09 , we kindly request to guest that we have change the atmosphere around we also did renovations at the property to make customers comforts.

Reviewed 29 September 2009

I am so very proud to be able to leave a review for this DUMP. I am going to try and locate every website I can that will allow me to degrade this DUMP. I consider myself lucky we didn't see any syringes and condoms around this DUMP.The staff was terribly rude,the rooms smell like smoke even though they claimed to be non-smoking.There was a loud night club located about 100 feet from our door that we were so luckily assigned.Hair in the bath tub,carpet old and dirty(left the kids socks dirty.)Loud motorcycles all night. Loud people all night.I wouldn't stay here again if they paid me 47 dollars a night.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family