“Never felt so disrespected”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Princeville AL
“Never felt so disrespected”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This hotel is the worst place I've ever seen. Its nasty, it stinks, and worst of all they ramball through your stuff. I'm here with a trucking school and they're stealing from us. My shower didn't drain, nor the sink. They're even making me take stuff out of my room when I go home on the weekends so they put someone elese in room. Mind you its paid in full. If we leave our stuff they're claiming they tossed it out. These are whole bags of people's belongings. They don't speak english in front of you when communicating and have smugs looks when you ask for something. This bed has blood all over the box spring. I have to take pics whenever I leave to go to school. I'm going to file an offical complaint with the franchise. Horrible Horrible Hotel! Run the other way.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank monicamo43

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed 5 October 2013

very comportable rooms are very new n much better than before very impress front desk person was good everything very close to enjoy with family. a nice place to stay at. nice to eat n shopping too. we stay here couple of night and enjoy with stay and we will back to stay again.

Room Tip: great to stay
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank david R
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, the staff is very helpfull, warm, friendly and very knowledgeable. The hotel/motel was always clean, my room was also very clean and smell good. If you planning and vacation this is the place to go, Great price, free internet, free parking, and great group of people that would make your stay very pleasant.

ASHLEY BLACK

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ashley b
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

It was the most uncomfortable stay ever in a hotel. my neighbors were drunk and my phone wasn't connected to call the front. No fitted sheets, microwave, or refrigerator- I guess you get what u pay for. But if you happen to pull up to your room and see a grill- please change rooms, I don't want you to have a bad night like I did.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nadieckow

Travellers are raving about these Decatur hotels

McHenry,IL
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

Hair on the sheets (do they put clean ones on), mold growing around shower mat do I need to say more!!! One of the towels in bathroom had holes in it. The one cup they have in room had brown stuff on plastic so I didn't even use it.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank lwik67
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I've always read people's reviews with a grain of salt. Some people think they should get champagne quality for a light beer price. I am not one of those; however, I do want a CLEAN, quiet, and maintained room. Parkway Inn and suites meets none of those criteria.
We were coming in town for a race the following morning and only needed someplace to sleep. It was rather late when we got there otherwise we would have probably searched for another place to stay. Upon pulling up to the front door, we heard the music from the bar which is immediately in front of the hotel. Throw in the sound of some beer bottles breaking against something and a drunk staggering through the parking lot to his vehicle and we were not very comfortable. The lady at the front desk said that the bar can get pretty loud and that she would put us at the end of the building so the noise wouldn't bother us. Thank you very much. We went to our room and as we were carrying luggage in I noticed (2) security cameras that were right beside our door. One was turned upside down and had no wires going to it. The other was flipped around backwards and was facing the wall. NICE! A liability waiting to happen! The room was a little musty, not real clean, but not overly dirty either. At least there were no roaches crawling around. The vanity/bathroom had one(1) single use tear open packet of shampoo, (1) little bar of soap, (1) wash cloth, and (2) towels. We are a family of four. Maybe they expect people to dry and share their towels? The door's deadbolt would not work, but it did have a chain, which I latched and then slept with my .45 by the bed. I needed some ice, so I grabbed the ice bucket that was sitting on the vanity and went to find an ice machine. I followed the ice machine/vending signs around the corner to a room that had a washing machine and dryer and an ice machine that had no power. I then went downstairs and followed the vending/ice signs to a 'crime scene waiting to happen' room that had a 1960s era vending machine that was torn apart and a large vacant area of rusted pipes and trash. I continued to the front desk and asked where I could get some ice. The lady told me that they didn't have any ice machines that worked and that was all she said. After getting back to the room, we just decided to get some sleep and get the heck out of here. The bed's mattress was comfortable, but the sheets were rough and there was only a sheet and the bed spread. No blankets. The bed spreads are the nastiest things in hotels because they are seldom washed. I slept only under the sheet. The one thing I can say is the room had hot water and a tv that worked.
This is the type place that I would expect if I were paying $20/night, which I've done in the past while on some guys only scuba diving trips. But >$50 NO WAY!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Bryan C
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 February 2013

THe room was very clean and spacious, most important the bed was very comfortable. The hotel was very quite even though there were a number of guests there. very enjoyable overnight stayin close proximityto anything you could possibly need, i will definitely stay there again. The hotel staff was very courteous and helpfull, the vicinity was demanding and attractive, swimming pool, restaurant close by and breakfast, nice location .

CASEY ARNOLD