“Excellent food and service.”
Review of Wintzell's Oyster House - CLOSED

Wintzell's Oyster House
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Also good for groups. Not cheap, but not expensive either. Casual atmosphere. The oysters are good, and reasonable.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Wintzell's was a great place to eat "fresh seafood" - my Wife & I had their "fresh oysters fried" for dinner and they were fantastic. We will eat there again even if it is only for lunch as it is easy to get to after you make the turn on US 72 and go about 1.5 miles and turn left. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We actually at at the Wintzell's in Huntsville near our hotel. The fish taco's were awesome. Ate here with large parties both times and the service was great. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

To me this place is going down a bit. When it opened it was good, but now-- not so much. My wife and I ate here a little over a year ago and it was poor. We thought we would try again. On the good side, the service was excellent. But the food was just not good. Other than the fried green beans, everything else was bland. I got the Low Country Boil. It was over-steamed. The shrimp was small and had little to no seasoning. My wife got a shrimp and grits. She said it has very little taste.

Maybe we just ordered some less than their best meals. But this is two times in a row now that we have been disappointed.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

it is very delicious time to have good see foods. Especial raw oyster is awful. Please try once.
It is free oyster if you are 80 yrs old and accompanied your father.