“Scallops or Not?”

Dining options: Reservations
Huntsville, Alabama
“Scallops or Not?”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ordered the fried scallops dinner. When they arrived, my first thought was these are fish balls. They didn't have the typical disc shape of a scallop and tasted like fish. When we asked the manager about them, he offered to go to the kitchen and bring an uncooked scallop. When he arrived it was obvious that it was a processed scallop ( mostly fish with bits of scallop mixed in ). So! Beware of the fried scallops at Wintzel's. Needless to say, We won't be going back.

• Visited January 2014

Decatur
“Not surprised that it closed”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I loved the wintzells on the coast and in guntersville. We were so happy when one opened near home in Decatur. It never came close to wintzells standards and service was poor. I am surprised it lasted as long as it did. We tried it twice. I would still drive to Guntersville for the food.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mildred5404
Decatur, Alabama
“Now Closed”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

As of January 2014, Wintzell's has closed in Decatur. This location has had many other restaurants and none seem to last long. Another one coming this Spring.

Decatur, Alabama, United States
“Closed”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This location is closed, and was never busy! Service was poor, food was not good has up to Wintzell's standards in other locations.

“Over-priced food...”
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Our waitress was nice, but she did not bring us bread. My husband & I split a plate, and she didn't bring us an extra plate to divide the food--we had to ask for it. The food was ok, but it was over-priced. My husband & I both were disappointed. We will not be back...