“Good location, seemed clean, but the room smelled awful.”
Review of Courtyard Decatur

Courtyard Decatur
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is in a good location. The hotel seems dated. The room (#321) smelled bad... like B.O. Ugh!
The little mini frig had one of it's front legs missing, so everytime we opened it to get our water, it almost toppled over on us. Also, the room air conditioner has to have been the original when motel a/c's were made. It was noisy! Also, there was no mattress cover. The bottom sheet was off one corner and I could clearly see the make of the mattress and the motel hosuekeeping note taped to it about what month to rotate it. I like mattress covers...they prevent bedbugs.

The night manager, Zak was great. Friendly and professional. And very busy running around making sure guests got what they needed.

Room Tip: Go to another motel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 May 2013

My Wife and I have stayed at Marriott branded hotels all over the United States. This one was probably one of our least favorites. Not to say it was horrible, it wasn't. It was just Ok. I would expect this level of quality at maybe a choice hotels brand. The area had a big Memorial weekend festival which is an annual event. The hotel was sold out the night before We arrived. Because of this all of the rooms weren't ready at check in time. Now the Hotel knew of the event and it was a Holiday weekend so they needed to have prepared better. You've heard the old saying poor planning on your part doesn't constitute it's an emergency on my part. The staff did appear to be doing the best they could. The Hotel was out of shampoo. This goes back to preparing again. A hotel should never run out of shampoo. The property itself was Ok. It was not really up to what you'd expect from a Marriott brand. Again not horrible just Ok. If We stay in the area again I'll look for a less expensive hotel with a similar type of quality.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Stayed here on business and its well positioned for bars / eateries in the evening in Decatur, and also for access in to Atlanta with the metro. Its easy to get to out to places beyond the beltway too. The hotel is spacious, modern, clean and freindly. I'd rate it more highly except for the lack of decent breakfast, and a bar area thats a bit unwelcoming.Plenty of nice places nearby thought!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Stayed here last year and it was good then but has improved.Front desk were ever so helpful and friendly.Room was lovely,clean,and spacious.Great to have free wifi connection....still amazed some places charge.When travelling its good to get a work-out and the fitness center here was really good for a hotel.
Had acouple of very enjoyable nights out in Decatur...great bars and restaurants!Gave me a late check-out for my departure.Great stay...thanks!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Everthing was great. A broken iron was replaced in minutes. Great breakfast !!! I had booked a room through Expedia in a nearby hotel. (NEVER AGAIN !!). The hotel was booked, along with most other hotels in town. I was able to get their last room at the Courtyard, at the last second, and it great. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stopped here overnight while traveling for spring break. We weren't expecting much, but were pleasantly surprised. The front desk was helpful and friendly, the room was larger than expected. The sheet and bath towels were some of the softest we have found at any hotel. The shower head had great water pressure. Nothing fancy but I'd definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stopped here about 1:00 am on our way to Florida. I was not sure what to expect but I crossed my fingers. I was happy to find a quiet, clean room and a friendly front desk staff. Breakfast was not included but was well priced for everything you got! Even had coffee to go. When we got to Florida we realized my daughter left her favorite blanket and I called the hotel....several days later and they still had it. They arranged to ship it to me ASAP. Again, front desk staff was great. The hotel is about 10 minutes off I-65 but worth the short drive. The rate was reasonable too. I recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family