“worth the stay.”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Decatur, Alabama, United States
“worth the stay.”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I stay at this hotel every few months when my parents come to town. My mother is in a wheel chair and cant stay in my home. The hotel staff, are pleasent and kind. They will go out of their way to help you. The breakfast, its hot and they have a pretty good selection. The internet works great, and they have a pool out back but i have never used it so i cant speak to it. however it always looked clean.The rooms have always been clean and we have never had one issue in the many times we have stayed. The price cant be beat for the location either!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Cherilyn C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night on our way to Florida in a King Suite. The room seemed clean but it just seemed worn out. A new coat of paint would do wonders. And, in the bathroom, the chrome was flaking off the drain ring. Every time we ran the water in the sink, black flakes would be left when we were done. Ick! Despite being a suite it was on the small side. Breakfast was ok. Our biggest complaint was that the wifi was not working during our stay. This is a serious drawback and staff should be able to fix the problem when it is down.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MannK
DecaturComfortInn, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Decatur, responded to this review, 6 October 2014

Gary Kiper
Comfort Inn and Suites
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 7 March 2013

My husband and I are choice members and we always pick the Comfort inn/suites because of the value for the money. Our room was very clean, towels fluffy and new looking, beds were clean and comfy and the internet had good connection. We didn't havew the breakfast so I can't comment, but I would imagine they're about the same.
The only thing I would complain about is that they have no snacks in their vending machines. Hubby had to go out late at night when we didn't even know where we were. Oh, and the coffee? Yuk.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandrajNiagaraFalls
nashville
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This was an excellent weekend get away. I had a two room suite with hot breakfast for half the price of the embassy suites. It was nice but for the price difference it was great. I have stayed before and will stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Douglas B
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 1 January 2013

This Comfort Inn looks nice on the exterior. We rented the queen suite which was nice as far as the size is concerned. It was like a studio apartment consisting of three rooms. It sleeps up to four people; however, there was only three bath towels in the room. There are three phones and two televisions which are old style.

The room itself is not so bad, but there is something about it that makes it feel dirty. The carpet and furniture are clean. I always wipe light switches, air conditioner controls, remote controls and basically anything I know I will touch with Lysol wipes. If the wipes are really dirty then that is a good indication that housekeeping could do a better job. I also think dingy old towels make us think it is dirty even if it is not. My biggest suggestion would be to replace the towels. I think that would take away the dirty feeling I got from this room. I honestly don't think the room is that bad other than dingy towels.

We did not have the breakfast so I can't comment on that.

The gentleman who was working the desk at check in was awesome. I wish I had asked his name because he should be recognized by the manager of this establishment for his honesty and his customer service skills.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa W

Gary Kiper
Comfort Inn and Suites
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We were there for one night. I want to Praise Your employee Terry Orr. After checkout we were rushing to get to a CrossCountry meet in Oakville. In all the rushing I left my purse hanging on a chair in the lobby. We did not discover it missing until we were already at the meet. We called immediately to have them check for it in the room or dining area cause that is where we thought it was. He called back and told us he did not find it. While on the phone I remembered being in the Lobby chair, he looked and there it was!!! Hours later after the meet we returned for it. ALL my credit Cards, cash and everything else was there!!! We offered Terry a reward which he Gracefully turned down 3 times, saying taking care of his customers was his #1 priority. I told him that if this had happened anywhere else, it would not have ended this well. He deserves a plaque and raise for his HONESTY and INTEGRITY. I can never thank You enough Mr Orr.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Joy W
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Have stayed here several times in the past. The hotel was passable, but nothing special. The last time I stayed there, I ended up with bed bug bites all over my arms and legs. At first I thought it was poison ivy, but couldn't figure out where I could have possibly been exposed since I haven't been to any wooded area or been near any vegetation at all. Looked on the internet for bed bug bites and they look just like what I have. I've washed all my laundry and am hoping I didn't bring them home to my house.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business