“Coming to see Family”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Birmingham, Alabama
“Coming to see Family”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Wow this hotel was a delight. I came to visit my sister and do some shopping with her, eat and have a fun day together. The staff was excellent and cleanliness of the hotel was super.
The lady in breakfast room (I Forgot her name.. Sorry) was very helpful. I was trying to cook a waffle and unaware how to use the waffle maker and she came over made my waffle and brought it to me. Just perfect stay. I slept like a baby and the staff at check out was as great as the staff I encountered upon check in
Joey Helped get our room over the phone and was great!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Scott T
DecaturComfortInn, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Decatur, responded to this review, 6 October 2014

2563551999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 July 2014

On Saturday, June 28th, 2014, this "pet-friendly" establishment lost my pet dog. Although the staff knew my dog was staying at the hotel, housekeeping was not notified. My dog was let out of my suite, chased through the lobby and let outside through an open back door.

My dog, Mac, was a former award winning show dog that I have been training as a therapy dog over the last 7 years. I have contacted the manager as well as the hotel headquarters and have received little to no support.

If you plan on staying here (or any of the hotels owned by the Choice Hotels franchise), please learn my story first. I am campaigning a search for Mac, support from Choice Hotels and changes in the safety of pets that stay at "pet-friendly" establishments. I can be reached on FB or via email: KatharinaBurgess@gmail.com

Sincerely, Katharina Shoulta Burgess

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Liverpool, New York
Reviewed 18 June 2014

After a long day of travel I came to find a hotel that was in a great location, close to stores and restaurants. The property was clean, the service was impeccable and the breakfast was hot and delicious.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank 2witty4you

Bartlett, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was in town for my son's soccer tournament. I had booked my room MONTHS in advance and called a week before I came to confirm my reservation. I arrived and was told I had no room and I was to stay at a different hotel for the night. I drove 5 hours never had a phone call or email or anything to let me know of this sudden change. It was frustrating to have something like that happen to me. I called and spoke to the on duty manager who understood my concerns and frustrations. He comped my entire stay, which was a very nice gesture. The hotel is in need of updates. The am breakfast was decent. The maid service was awful. They did not restock the towels nor did they give any bedding to my son who was sleeping on the fold out bed. The room smelled funny. Baseboards were filthy, bed was very uncomfortable, and the bottom of my socks were very soiled from the carpet. It was VERY loud. You could here people upstairs and in the halls, but the hotel was full with kids from the soccer tournament. I'm not really sure if I'd come back.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kturner72364

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I called the Comfort Inn & suites to try and get a rate for a family member coming into town for the weekend. I told her what i needed and all i was told to call in the morning to make my reservation because she is new and dont know how to do it. Lets just say if you are not trained fully you should not answer the phone. I think they would want my business not drive me to another hotel, which i did.

Room Tip: dont call to make reservations
Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dreabigmac

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Had a power outtage at home due to snow and we packed up and stayed here for the duration. Price was higher then we anticipated BUT we had a very large room that had a seperate room with queen bed and flat screen, pull out couch and flatscreen in sitting area amd small kitchen. Pets allowed... staff VERY courtesy! Quiet place :)

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Crystal C

Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I travel all over the Southeast, and this hotel is the most dated one that I stay in. The front desk is nice and very helpful, but the hotel itself is very outdated. It is obvious that the hotel is used as an extended stay type of place. The hallways had a very funny smell the last time I stayed there. I had to hunt floor to floor to find an ice machine that worked. It is, however, not far from good restaurants or the industrial park. The location makes it convenient. I almost didn't write this review because I don't like leaving negative comments, but as far as hotels that I stay in while traveling, this one is the one I dislike the most.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business