Motel 6 Decatur
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$79
US$110
US$129
US$126
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 December 2012

The ONLY good thing about this hotel was the price. I was travelling for business, needed to be economical on lodging, and always knew that Motel 6 was supposed to be a basic, clean place to stay for the night. I had been reading the reviews on this particular one and had some concern, but then there were a couple that had given a glimmer of hope. In addition, this motel is listed on the Motel 6 site as being "refreshed". You could have fooled me.

Immediately on checking in, the girl in the office had an attitude. Apparently I had disturbed her, as she was stretched out on the couch in the lobby on her phone. I got to my room, opened the door, and the first thing that hit was the smell. Not quite sure exactly what the smell was, but it wasn't pleasant. The carpet was filthy & worn, with spots all over, furniture very dated, outlet covers missing. Not a good first impression. 2nd thing I did was pull back the bed spread. It immediately went to the floor, because after seeing the spots on the underside of it, there's no way I was sleeping under it. Surprisingly, the sheets seemed ok,but the pillows were useless.

The walls in this room were filthy, cobwebs along the ceiling, dirty light switch plates, missing bar lock from the door. The bathroom was no better. Mold in the tub, gaps between the wall & the tub surround. I only had a short trip to go in the morning, and after seeing the towels & the condition of the bathroom, opted to skip a shower & use the one towel that was actually clean & spot free to take a sponge bath.

Finally on to TRY & get some sleep. If you like trains, this is the place for you. Between 2 & 3 in the morning, there were at least 3 that came through. Between the trains & the people outside, it wasn't a restful night.

I tried this place based on the chance that some of the latest reviews were accurate. I really have no clue which Motel 6 they stayed at, but the side of the building I was in was horrible. I should have driven to the next exit..

I realize this is a 'value' hotel, however, this is NOT the Motel 6 of the past. I've paid about the same in other places and have had far better quality. I at least expect the place to be clean - especially after it's listed as "refreshed", which to me, means it's been updated to some extent.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jerry R
Reviewed 5 December 2012

This hotel was clean and they offered semi truck parking. When we checked in, the young lady at the counter gave us a good price for the night and it was quick check in time.

This hotel is a little dated, but like I stated earlier, it was clean.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed here overnight to get a little shut eye, and a little is all that we got. The price was low.The property could really use some work.It is very run down. There were beds and furniture outside of the rooms as if they were airing out. The sheets had holes in them, carpet had not been vacuumed and it was very noisy next to the interstate. The thing that bothered me most was the parking situation. There was very little room to manuever in the parking lot without running over a curb. The guest services were great when we checked in but the stay was terrible.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trptfan
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Find another motel. We are currently in this one, and here's what we've noticed so far:

1. Room reeked of urine.

2. Many unsavory folks hanging around, including two women who were dressed rather unusually, shall we say, with 5-inch heels and more perfume than I've worn—total—in my entire life.

3. Bathroom door half off of hinges, can't close.

4. Chain security lock on door, gone.

5. Ice machine broken, went to gas station for ice.

6. And smaller PITA things: TV remote is wrong one for TV, doesn't work; no ashtrays in what's supposed to be a smoking room, piles of tarps & stuff on sidewalks (no work going on, just piles), no tissues, general filth. Window looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years, dirty tissues behind nightstand (was looking for outlet for computer), no lightbulb in lamp over bed, just empty socket (plugged in).

But hey, it's a bed & we're tired of driving and teh Net works fine so far. And teh guy who's been sitting in his car right outside teh door ever since we got her an hr ago actually looked up and said hello when I said, Hey, how you doin'.

Room Tip: The coupon books you pick up at rest stops etc makes it seem like this is right off I-65. It isn't. It's 7 or 8 miles into Decatur, and right in town. Stay on I-65 and pick another place!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank blue m
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at this motel during a trip in November. The price was really what first attracted me as it was about $34 bucks a night and I was traveling on a budget. When I checked in, the woman at the front desk was very friendly and check in was quick. While this is an older motel, it was clean. As might be expected with an older building, there were a few cosmetic flaws. However, there was no smell, no dirt, and no bugs to be found in the room. The beds were comfortable and the linens clean as well. I'm not sure what people expect for $34 a night, but this was fine for the price and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business