“Filthy, filthy, filthy”
Review of Motel 6 Decatur

Motel 6 Decatur
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stopped here with my young son on a cross country trip because they accept dogs, and I had stayed in Motel 6's each night of the trip (3 different locals) and all were nice. The room at this Decatur Motel 6 was filthy! I felt like I was going to catch some disease the whole time I was there. The floors were so nasty I didn't want my dog sleeping on them. The bathroom was so dirty I would not let my son take a bath- I didn't even shower. There were brown smudges on the sheets and one of the towels! I laid out one of our own blankets across the bed to sleep on then left it there so I wouldn't bring the contamination with me. To top it off there were creepy people standing out in the parking lot next door watching us and a crack pipe in the flower bed just outside the door to our room. Never, never stay here! I stay in the Decatur area quite often, but I will NEVER even slow down for this motel again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Debbie F
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Dear Debbie F - We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered during your recent stay. These issues are certainly not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Decatur

Reviewed 22 July 2013

My daughter and I was on a trip to FL and got tired stopped to get some rest. Inside room there was Pot on the dresser with 2 dirty cups went to a second room and the bathroom door had a huge whole in it. Needless to say we asked for a refund and left. Then the manager has the nerve to send me a generic email apologizing never once asking about specific issues.

Room Tip: "Don't stay Here"
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank nicole l
Reviewed 17 July 2013

nobody answered front desk phone on multiple occasions.
ice machine didn't work for duration of stay.
power outlet didn't work.
heavily stained carpet.
creaky bed.
very bad pillows.
door difficult to open and close.
no kleenex.
broken air conditioning units littering hallway.

I travel 100% of my life. I'm not picky or anything. but this place was bad. $50/night with tax for 2 adults and dog.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LonestarMemphis
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear LonestarMemphis - The cleanliness, service and maintenance conditions you encountered during your recent stay are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We sincerely apologize for your negative experience and encourage you to contact our guest relations department to report your experience so we can serve our guests better in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

It was cheap, convenient and they take dogs. We just wanted a place to sleep after a long day's drive in pouring rain. We didn't expect much at that price and were not surprised. You could see that an effort had been made to vacuum the ugly, stained and stinky carpet. The sheets reeked of bleach but at least they were washed. The bathroom was clean. All in all a bit on the seedy side but adequate. The real kicker was the crazy woman outside screaming in the middle of the night and talking nonstop at the top of her lungs. I expected the men in white coats any time. After a while someone (owner? manager?) did come and tell her to leave. It took a while for the commotion to cease but it finally did.

Room Tip: Drive on and don't eat at the Shell station next door (they do serve food strangely)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rita R
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

I am the lady that the manager tried to open her door at 3:00am. I am still having bad dreams about this incident . He knew a single woman was registered in that room! What were his intentions? He is one sorry example for a manager!! If I hadn't had the door latched over what would have happened? I don't want to meet my end at the Motel 6 in Decatur,Alabama! Get rid of him! He is a danger! I should have called the Police and lodged a complaint at the very least. Avoid this hotel!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank 195,508
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I was woke up at 3:00AM by a pounding on what I thought was the neighbor's door. Next thing I hear is someone trying to enter my room with a key card. I screamed the man at the door said who is this I gave him my last name and asked who he is Manager he said I need to come to the office and pay for my room I got dressed went and paid Every hotel I have ever been they take ur card and charges r made when u check out I LEFT that morning! RUDE RUDE RUDE I reported this incident to Corporate stay as far away from this hotel that U can, unless u want someone trying to enter ur room at 3:00AM!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank 195,508
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Couldn't believe the state of this room. Had to stay here for one night because of their open pet policy, unfortunately. The walls and rug were filthy, and I found two dead cockroaches on the floor beside the bed. Sprayed myself with bug spray before I went to sleep.
The inside of the microwave hadn't been cleaned in a long time.
This was horrible. I wonder if the health department should be alerted...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple