“Cockroach Hotel”

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Cockroach Hotel”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

From the filthy carpets, broken coffee machine (main office), dirty old blanket, broken ice machine, poor mattress and smoky smell (in a non-smoking room) to the four large cockroaches that I killed I would venture to say that this is the worst hotel that I ever stayed in. Motel 6 is not the Hilton and I did not expect it to be, but Motel 6 headquarters should take a look at this place. Take my advice and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank maryandgary2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Jackson, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

IF you have to stay at this dump you better have your Glock on the night stand! I have never stayed at a place as unsafe and Nasty in my like. Every room around us was a all night party. Loud trucks and cars in and out all night long parking for a few minutes and then leaving and slamming doors and raising cane. There is no place to park a truck and boat, parking looks nothing like what they show online. BEWARE, DO NOT STAY THERE !!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Richard K
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Decatur, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Richard K,

Travellers are raving about these Decatur hotels

United States
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stopped here with my young son on a cross country trip because they accept dogs, and I had stayed in Motel 6's each night of the trip (3 different locals) and all were nice. The room at this Decatur Motel 6 was filthy! I felt like I was going to catch some disease the whole time I was there. The floors were so nasty I didn't want my dog sleeping on them. The bathroom was so dirty I would not let my son take a bath- I didn't even shower. There were brown smudges on the sheets and one of the towels! I laid out one of our own blankets across the bed to sleep on then left it there so I wouldn't bring the contamination with me. To top it off there were creepy people standing out in the parking lot next door watching us and a crack pipe in the flower bed just outside the door to our room. Never, never stay here! I stay in the Decatur area quite often, but I will NEVER even slow down for this motel again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Debbie F
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Decatur, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear Debbie F - We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered during your recent stay. These issues are certainly not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My daughter and I was on a trip to FL and got tired stopped to get some rest. Inside room there was Pot on the dresser with 2 dirty cups went to a second room and the bathroom door had a huge whole in it. Needless to say we asked for a refund and left. Then the manager has the nerve to send me a generic email apologizing never once asking about specific issues.

Room Tip: "Don't stay Here"
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank nicole l
MEMPHIS
Reviewed 17 July 2013

nobody answered front desk phone on multiple occasions.
ice machine didn't work for duration of stay.
power outlet didn't work.
heavily stained carpet.
creaky bed.
very bad pillows.
door difficult to open and close.
no kleenex.
broken air conditioning units littering hallway.

I travel 100% of my life. I'm not picky or anything. but this place was bad. $50/night with tax for 2 adults and dog.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LonestarMemphis
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Decatur, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear LonestarMemphis - The cleanliness, service and maintenance conditions you encountered during your recent stay are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We sincerely apologize for your negative experience and encourage you to contact our guest relations department to report your experience so we can serve our guests better in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 July 2013

It was cheap, convenient and they take dogs. We just wanted a place to sleep after a long day's drive in pouring rain. We didn't expect much at that price and were not surprised. You could see that an effort had been made to vacuum the ugly, stained and stinky carpet. The sheets reeked of bleach but at least they were washed. The bathroom was clean. All in all a bit on the seedy side but adequate. The real kicker was the crazy woman outside screaming in the middle of the night and talking nonstop at the top of her lungs. I expected the men in white coats any time. After a while someone (owner? manager?) did come and tell her to leave. It took a while for the commotion to cease but it finally did.

Room Tip: Drive on and don't eat at the Shell station next door (they do serve food strangely)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Rita R
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

I am the lady that the manager tried to open her door at 3:00am. I am still having bad dreams about this incident . He knew a single woman was registered in that room! What were his intentions? He is one sorry example for a manager!! If I hadn't had the door latched over what would have happened? I don't want to meet my end at the Motel 6 in Decatur,Alabama! Get rid of him! He is a danger! I should have called the Police and lodged a complaint at the very least. Avoid this hotel!!!

• Stayed March 2013