“Block Reservations Made Easy/Great Service”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Decatur
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Once again Microtel is tops. We used them for our wedding guest (second time to do this).

They make it so easy to reserve a block of rooms. No money down or guarantee of quantity booked is necessary. They hold the rooms until 2 weeks before the event. Sandee even gave me a call before she released the rooms so I could check with my procrastinating guests that I knew needed a room. Amazingly the hotel was booked for a concert and she still held an extra room for me.

Let me add that you know you will get consistent service. When I went to check out the hotel unannounced, Sandee went to the front desk and asked if they had any empty rooms that had already been cleaned for the day and we went to check one out. SO, random room...was in great condition.

One guest had to cancel a room unexpectedly the day before and there was no lost money since they charge the rooms when you arrive (I do believe you need 24 hr notice to make that work for cancellation, though). Make sure your guest call the hotel direct to get the great rates and ask for your block.

They even put my guest gift bags with water bottles and snacks (microwave popcorn worked great since you have a microwave in the rooms) in the rooms for me! I had some special room "grouping" that they were able to accommodate. I had one family member leave some stuff in the room and they called me the next day so that I could come pick it up.

The staff is friendly, extremely helpful and knowledgeable. My guest thought the rooms were nice, clean and spacious. The breakfast was super.

There is absolutely no way you can go wrong reserving a block of rooms for an event with the Microtel in Decatur!

Thanks to the Microtel Crew

Room Tip: Make sure your block guests call the hotel's direct phone number to get the good rate for the bl...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Sandee S, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

First of all, thank you so for submitting such an awesome review regarding your groups second time to use our property for a family event!! We all thoroughly enjoyed working with you on blocking the rooms for your family, and then taking care of them while they were our guests. We look forward to your next event so we will have the priveledge of working with you again.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Sandee S, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I've stayed at Microtel several times and the rooms have always been clean. The staff seems very friendly and knowledgable although I have never had to deal with them other then checking in. I would definitly recommend the Microtel!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

On behalf of the staff at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham here in Decatur, Alabama...thank you so much for staying with us & providing such positive feedback about our property!! We look forward to your return visit when you are back in the area!!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Before doing a search for hotels on Trip Advisor, I had never heard of Microtel.

The price was awesome, the pictures looked fine, and reviews were pretty good; so I figured we'd give it a try. My fellow reviewers did not disappoint! The rooms were a bit small but it had everything we needed for a one night stay. They even provided a continental breakfast. I'm totally looking forward to my next visit to a Microtel Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback regarding your first time to stay with us here at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham in Decatur, Alabama!! We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Sandee S, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Reviewed 22 May 2013