“"Clean and Comfortable"”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
A TripAdvisor Member
“"Clean and Comfortable"”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

After 8 hours driving, we appreciated friendly staff and clean, nice, comfortable room. Breakfast was delicious. Wi-Fi had a good connection. I would definitely stay here again if I ever in this area and needed a motel. I would highly recommend this La Quinta Inn. I really did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 December 2013

If you read my previous LaQuinta Brooklyn review, you know this was my redemption stay at the LQ brand. Unfortunately, LQ lost their redemption for me here.

The good: The location is really good. It's central to the newer business district. It has all interior entrances and private hallways. The staff is SUPER sweet.

The bad: I requested the "Two Room One King Suite w/Jetted Bath & Mirror Surround" (description from LQ reservation site) and paid $30 more for it. When I walked in, it was a normal size hotel room with a small, half-wall separator between the bed and the couch. Also, the shower is IN THE ROOM...not in a private space.

That room reeked of smoke, so I requested another. Same thing. Smoke. Third room, the worst one yet PLUS when you walked (2nd floor) all the furniture jiggled with the thin floors. Finally, I got to the fourth room (1st floor 103) and settled for it. It smelled the least bad. I went to the store and purchase air freshener and dealt with it.

Breakfast was meager, compared to other low-end hotels. A few dried up muffins, Fruit Loops and some other type of cereal.

Needless to say, when we got back to the room the second night of the stay, we agreed we couldn't stay in this hole one more night, packed up and drove home.

Try the Hampton Inn down the street. It will be our only Decatur hotel now. We come to Decatur often because our family is here. Please open a new hotel, somewhere!

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor if at all possible or find a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Decatur hotels

Nashville, TN
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Do NOT stay here. Its cheap but not worth it. Very old & worn. Hole in bathroom door. Smoking holes in bedding, "Residue" of some type on furniture. Stained sofa. Just gross. Barking dogs at kennel next door. Have no idea why anyone would give this property a good review???

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mom2fourkids
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

A good review usually lists the good and bad things for a hotel. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything good to say about this property. I guess it isn't very expensive, so that's good. The property is very run down and showing its age. There is a dog kennel behind the property so there are dogs barking at first light and all day. The hotel says it doesn't allow smoking, but every day the hallways were filled with cigarette smoke and a man would come by with a bottle of Febreze on occasion. The property reeked of cigarettes. There was a room of extremely loud people next to us banging their door all night. We complained three times but nothing was done. When we checked out, the clerk listened and said the police were called, but never apologized or tried to do anything - he just wanted to get rid of us. There is no elevator in the hotel so if you are on the second floor, you have to carry everything up a narrow stairway. The beds were hard. The carpet in the room was worn and torn showing the sub-floor in places. The bathroom was a mess. We show dogs and stay in cheaper hotels a lot, so our expectations aren't very high. This place was so bad it couldn't even meet any of our lowest expectations.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Nice people work there, but the hotel defintiely needs some work. The room has been updated some with colors and pictures, but the furniture is banged up and a bit dirty. And wow the hallways and doors and baseboards and other things need some replacement for me to consider this place again. It was okay for one night, but I am glad it was me and a couple of sons. My wife would have freaked at what we got for the price we paid.
Breakfast was minimal but clean. The lobby is nicer than the rest of the place.
I would check around before staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 October 2013

One night stay for school function. Had that smell but we saw "Wet Carpet" signs on most of the doors on our floor (1st). Guess they did carpertt cleaning earlier. Had a Dollar Tree close so we bought some air freshener. Breakfast was good too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends