“type of people”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
capobeach, United States
“type of people”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

the coupel with the baby i left six thousand dollars in my room and th emoney was not stolen and left as it is this honelsty is remarkabel the gentlemand is heavy set man form midwest who moved to decatur ,ths staff is simply the best.th emaids do a phenomenol job.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jim L, General Manager at Best Western River City Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
What a great story you shared regarding the couple who were genuinely honest by turning in your money. We appreciate you sharing your positive feedback regarding your stays with us, and we look forward to your return visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Reserved this hotel at 11pm thru Hotels.com. Got to the hotel and there was no reservation. I called Hotels.com and they couldn't find the reservation either. Kind of scary when I gave all my cc information and who knows where it is now!
The front desk gentleman was very courteous and accommodating to get us checked-in.
The room was adequate and clean. The bathroom wallpaper was peeling over the mirror. That is really my only concern.
We really just slept and got up the next morning to continue our drive home. We did not use the internet so I can't say if it was good or not.
The area seemed safe enough. The breakfast wasn't anything to write home about but was enough to get us on the road.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Jim L, General Manager at Best Western River City Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
I'm not sure what happened to your reservation as it was made via a 3rd party internet reservation site but we're glad our front desk associate was helpful and we appreciate your business. It might be worth noting that while we welcome your business via any reservation site you choose to utilize, if you make your reservation via the Best Western brand website choosing the Best Available Rate option you are gauranteed that you will find no lower internet rate for that date and we (Best Western), not a 3rd party, are responsible for what happens to your reservation.

Thanks again,
Memphis area, United States
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Even though a remodel is in progress, the staff at River City was extremely friendly, helpful and we were perfectly satisfied with our stay. I wish there had been an on-site workout room but they do have an arrangement with an athletic club just a minute away from their site. Breakfast was good and well-presented, as complimentary breakfasts go, but the apples and oranges were a little old. Overall, we were VERY satisfied and will be returning on our next Decatur trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your candid review. We're glad we were able to meet your expectatons and look forward to having you return. We'll be taking steps to make sure the fruit remains fresh and appealing and appreciate you taking the time to critique our performance. It helps us identify areas where we can improve our presentation. Thanks again.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The front desk staff (Shawn) was awesome. Very knowledgeable, patient, understanding and wealth of information. He really helped out and we were able to reunite and surprise our Cousin Joe who we had not seen in over 10 years.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jim L, General Manager at Best Western River City Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thanks for the great comments. We appreciate your business and will be sure to commend Sean for his customer service.
Cumming, GA
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Super friendly staff. Neat and updated. Flat screen tv. Free wifi....no password needed. Fridge and microwave and extra sink in room. Convenient to highway and restaurants. Current color scheme. Comfy bed. Free parking and free breakfast. Spacious room.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Jim L, General Manager at Best Western River City Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. We strive to present a quality hotel atmosphere with good service at a great price and I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations. We hope to serve you again in the future.
Wilsonville, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Half way through my stay, I started to smell cigarette smoke in my room after I would get back from work for the day. The only option I was given was to change my room. This meant moving all my stuff which I had a lot of items since I was staying for 2 weeks. I moved rooms and the room was a little better, but still would smell like smoke when I would return after work. The new room also had a refrigerator that froze all of my refrigerator items which forced me to buy new items.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sandee S, Director of Sales at Best Western River City Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. The smoke smell issue keeps coming up and it is becoming obvious that we need to do something. For some reason I am confounded about someone deciding to designate the center floor of our three story building as the smoking floor. We will soon be ordering new carpeting and wallpaper for the entire hotel and will then eliminate smoking rooms and become a totally non smoking hotel.

This decision was made primarily due to the comments we have received from guests like yourself. Your satisfaction is important to us and we do use the feedback we receive from our guests to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for customers in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Dont let a chesp price have you thinking its a roach motel all the times. For $79 standard 2 queen bed, the rooms are nice and the saff is excellent. It comes with refrigerator, microwave and flat screen tv. Oh yeah and a free breakfast. What else do you need. Its not one of your luxury hotels, just plain and simple so if you want luxury go elsewhere but ifyou want something simple for a good price then this is for you. Awesome stay. Much love to the awesome staff.

• Stayed April 2014
On behalf of the staff at Best Western in Decatur, thank you so much for staying with us, and for the amazing review!! We look forward to seeing you again soon.