“This Motel is a dont”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Demopolis
Chicago, Illinois
“This Motel is a dont”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Very dirty, bed was broken, dressers have mud at the bottom of them, chair had stains. we requested a different room and Was very dissatisfied, tried to sleep for a few hours and checked out same day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Barbara D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This motel is ideally located. Right across from a grocery store. Rooms were spacious, clean and staff was courteous. This is great for businesss travelers who are on a budget. This city is located 30 minutes from Selma. Alabama and has the charm of a small town America. Will stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Greenwood Inn for the annual Christmas on the River event. All the other hotels were booked so we didn't have much of a choice.

The hotel is located in a centrally located area in Demopolis. We arrived late at night and the night clerk gave us our room key but failed to tell us about the free continental breakfast or provide us with the password for the free wifi.

Our room was a bit of a disappointment with old furnishings in need of repair and an older model TV. The bathroom was also in need of remodeling with older fixtures and bad patchwork on the walls.

The linens were inadequate with small flat pillows and an outdated bedspread. There were no hangers for our clothes and no telephone! I had to look the number up to call the front desk on my cell phone just to find out what the wifi password was.

The was a microwave and refrigerator in the room which was nice. The breakfast consists of milk, cereal, orange juice with muffins and pastries. There is an outside pool as well, although it was covered in December so I can't commit on it.

The staff seemed friendly but nothing special. Overall the place just needs updating. I would recommend staying somewhere else if possible. I am giving this place a poor primarily because there were not hangers or telephone in the room.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lincolnton, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We were in Demopolis for our granddaughters 1st birthday and the staff was wonderful
checking every day to see if we needed anything. My husband gives kudos to the maintanance man who brought us a shower curtain when we arrived and checked to see if we needed towles or trashbags each morning. The room is a little dated but clean and comfortable. We also appreciate them being a pet friendly hotel. Next visit we will stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I am very pleasantly surprised by the kind of service and service in this motel. Annual I spend more than 90 days at various motels in region, but this Windwood Inn motel at Demapolis, won my sympathy. Peace and quiet, silent murmur of water from the pool, smiling and friendly staff, cleanliness and dedication is something that definitely leaves a good impression. Ideal for families with small children and those who want to "hide" in the woods and along the coast, or in my case for the business!

Very helpful staff.Good breakfast.

I would love to visit this motel again and again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jags1510
Reviewed 8 September 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this motel repeatedly for dog competitions in the area. They are pet friendly. Frequently I have been given a suite, which includes a living room area plus a kitchenette as well as the bedroom and bathroom. Although the furniture is worn and mismatched, the room has always been clean. The ladies at the front desk are always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank idabob5426
Rodeo, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Nice , friendly people. Very accommodating. I would recommend this as a place to stay on your visit. Check in was quick and easy. The room was clean, and had plenty of room, not cramped. The motel looks like it was recently renovated, and maintained. They also have a complementary breakfast, which was very good. They also have wi-fi which I can't live without!!

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the suites. It has a full size refrigerator, and a nice size kitchen.. It was cle...