“Econo Lodge in Demopolis” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Demopolis
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Econo Lodge in Demopolis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

The stay was great especially the staff. There was some guy named Greg who was working at the front desk. He gave us excellent service!! There was some mix and he worked well with us to fix everything. He was super friendly. I would definately recommend this place!! Also, the coffee was great!!!! If I am ever traveling through I would definately stop by this place again!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CarolV469

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hattiesburg,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip in March. I don't usually stay at these, but given the limited hotel choices (you won't find a 4-star in town), it was ok. Bed was comfortable. Rooms are indicative of the age of the hotel. Could use some sprucing up. The free breakfast is a plus. But don't expect a buffet, it's mostly continental.

The only real issue I had was that the hall I stayed in was nonsmoking and there were shady characters walking up and down the halls just smoking away!! Right in front of the desk staff too. Perhaps staff was afraid to tell them anything given the looks of them. Thankfully, I couldn't smell the smoke through my room - since I'm allergic to it!

I recommend you get a top floor room, so that when you open the window to the Wal-Mart parking lot that's right behind hotel - you won't be greeted by an onlooker.

• Stayed March 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

An associate recommended the Best Western, but they had no vacancy (for a Tuesday night), so I tried the Econo Lodge based on the reviews. I'm not sure of it's age, but it seems pretty new. The rooms are fine and have a decent sized flat panel TV. The bathroom was generously sized, with the sink/vanity adjoining the room, i.e. no door between the sink and the room. The room was comfortable and had a table and two chairs. The lighting for the sink/vanity was poor - one recessed ceiling fixture which is slightly behind you if standing in front of the sink, you get more shadow than light. I didn't pay too much attention to the breakfast offerings. I just grabbed a quick bowl of cereal on my way out. Amazingly, they still offer smoking rooms.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel while in town for a funeral. Surprisingly, the hotel was very clean and updated as well. The continental breakfast was laid out neatly and well worth the money. The front desk clerk Shawn was very professional, she got us into our rooms with no problems at all and she even consoled my Aunt Sindy who had a breakdown at the desk. I will indeed stay at this hotel again and will recommend it to all my family, since we travel down each year for our annual family reunion. Great stay and thanks to you Shawn for all you did to make us feel warm and welcomed..

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Canton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four night while visting family. The hotel was truly gust centered, the staff went the extra mile throught my stay. My room, breakfast, and hotel enviorment overall was surperb and I am looking foward to staying again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Bessemer, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my in-laws to be close to the Town of Eutaw Alabama for a funeral. The hotel was very clean and I was really surprised at the decor. It was cozily decorated and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was enough to get you by. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and I will stay here again. Oh by the way, Walmart is directly behind this hotel in walking range.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Listen up all you Harley folk who was at the last rally on July 12th 2012. Thank goodness for Econo Lodge Inn & Suites1035 US Highway 80 W, Demopolis, AL 36732. Not only is it the best place I have ever stayed in a small town with all the amenities, but the place is convenient and close to the rally. Walmart is in walking distance. Breakfast is really well done,coffee 24/7. I plan on going back time and again, make reservations early for the bike rally, they fill up fast.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great that ever stayed in,corner top floor,I just like looking at the parking lot...