“Nice hotel”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Demopolis
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here for one night in a King room with a pull-out sofa. The bed was very comfortable, and even the pull-out sofa slept great! There is a Walmart right behind it, and a few fast food as well as sit down restaurants in close proximity. Clean hotel, would stay here again if we were in the area!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Econo251, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Ashley,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Shawn

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here before but its been a couple years. I was not disappointed. This hotel is one of the nicest Econo Lodges I've seen. Everything from the landscaping to the rooms is very neat and clean. Very friendly staff. 24 hour fresh coffee. I had to leave very early this morning so I didn't get breakfast. The last time I stayed the breakfast was very good and fresh. The desk clerk did offer to bring out some food for me even though it was 3:00 am. Very comfortable rooms with large bathroom areas. Nice flat screen televisions. I highly recommend the BBQ place next door. The food and service was awesome. Very convenient to walmart just behind hotel. I had a very pleasent stay and will return.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The stay was great especially the staff. There was some guy named Greg who was working at the front desk. He gave us excellent service!! There was some mix and he worked well with us to fix everything. He was super friendly. I would definately recommend this place!! Also, the coffee was great!!!! If I am ever traveling through I would definately stop by this place again!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CarolV469
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip in March. I don't usually stay at these, but given the limited hotel choices (you won't find a 4-star in town), it was ok. Bed was comfortable. Rooms are indicative of the age of the hotel. Could use some sprucing up. The free breakfast is a plus. But don't expect a buffet, it's mostly continental.

The only real issue I had was that the hall I stayed in was nonsmoking and there were shady characters walking up and down the halls just smoking away!! Right in front of the desk staff too. Perhaps staff was afraid to tell them anything given the looks of them. Thankfully, I couldn't smell the smoke through my room - since I'm allergic to it!

I recommend you get a top floor room, so that when you open the window to the Wal-Mart parking lot that's right behind hotel - you won't be greeted by an onlooker.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 20 November 2012

An associate recommended the Best Western, but they had no vacancy (for a Tuesday night), so I tried the Econo Lodge based on the reviews. I'm not sure of it's age, but it seems pretty new. The rooms are fine and have a decent sized flat panel TV. The bathroom was generously sized, with the sink/vanity adjoining the room, i.e. no door between the sink and the room. The room was comfortable and had a table and two chairs. The lighting for the sink/vanity was poor - one recessed ceiling fixture which is slightly behind you if standing in front of the sink, you get more shadow than light. I didn't pay too much attention to the breakfast offerings. I just grabbed a quick bowl of cereal on my way out. Amazingly, they still offer smoking rooms.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel while in town for a funeral. Surprisingly, the hotel was very clean and updated as well. The continental breakfast was laid out neatly and well worth the money. The front desk clerk Shawn was very professional, she got us into our rooms with no problems at all and she even consoled my Aunt Sindy who had a breakdown at the desk. I will indeed stay at this hotel again and will recommend it to all my family, since we travel down each year for our annual family reunion. Great stay and thanks to you Shawn for all you did to make us feel warm and welcomed..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four night while visting family. The hotel was truly gust centered, the staff went the extra mile throught my stay. My room, breakfast, and hotel enviorment overall was surperb and I am looking foward to staying again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Demopolis
#3 of 6 in Demopolis
Best Western Plus Two Rivers Hotel & Suites
#1 of 1 in Livingston
Days Inn Demopolis
Days Inn Demopolis
#4 of 6 in Demopolis

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!