“One Great Night!”

Residence Inn Dothan
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here with my wife for one night (June 27th) on our way to Panama City. This hotel was one of the cleanest and definitely the nicest Residence Inns that I have ever stayed in. The young man that worked the desk was very professional and eager to please. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I need to go to pet friendly hotels/motels, some of which are marginal. (We have a quiet, clean Scotty dog.) This hotel was near the freeway but very quiet and I appreciated very much the quiet HVAC. The double rooms were nice too as my wife and I tend to be light sleepers and my snoring wakes her up.

Room Tip: Rooms in back may be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Due to a relocation for my company, I ended up staying at the Residence Inn with my 2 dogs, both friendly Golden Retrievers, the reason I choose to stay here was for the pet policy in place, however after paying a $100 deposit, my room was cleaned only 1 time, within the first week of staying here, the housekeeping staff will not enter the room with my dogs present, ( that wasn't mentioned in any advertising or when I paid the deposit fee) and don't be in the shower, as it is a 1 time knock on the door only for the maid service, housekeeping service is to now put new towels in a plastic bag and leave by the door' I wonder how they would feel if I put my bag of trash outside my door for pick up, I would not recommend this hotels pet policy for anything more than an overnight stay

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joyce T
H L, General Manager at Residence Inn Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Joyce T.

I first would like to thank you for staying with us. We certainly welcome your pets and are happy to service your room. Our pet agreement clearly states that The pets must be out of the room or you must be present with them or they must be secured when housekeeping comes in to service the room. All Room Attendants are aware of this policy but some of them are not comfortable with pets. We do want your room serviced while you are here and will make sure it is. We value you as a customer and welcome the opportunity to provide you with great service while you are here.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

There are several suite options available in Dothan but Residence Inn has the best option. Even our one bedroom King Suite had a full kitchen with a full size fridge, dual burner cook top, full power microwave, granite counter tops, full size sink and dishwasher. There is a small kitchen table to eat at in addition to a work table. Two LCD TVs, nice sleeper sofa, bathroom with separate vanity and great climate control.
There is a basketball court, swimming pool and an outdoor lounge area (with nice fire pit).
We didn't eat breakfast there because we had the great kitchen. There are plenty of places to eat immediately around the area. Cheddars Casual Cafe stands out with wonderful food, great service and reasonable prices. There is a Lowe's, Target, Barnes and Noble, Carmike Cinema and many other stores immediately across from the hotel.
The rooms price was a little bit more than the other nearby properties but the added value of the full kitchen, extra room and wonderful decor made this by far the best choice. If you are spending more than a night in Dothan the Residence Inn is a great choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We had a wonderful stay at The Residence Inn Dothan. From arrival departure everything was PERFECT. We had a 2 bedroom suite. The beds were comfy, the rooms were spotless and well maintained and most of all the service was stellar. My six year old daughter fell in love with the afternoon manager, Sherry. Miss Sherry answered all (and there were many) questions we had about the area and local favorites. Our last night we enjoyed making smores at the fire pit and interacting with the other guests "just hanging out". Congratulations to the staff and management as you made us feel like we were "at home" at all times. We will return!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We have never stayed at a Residence Inn before but will definitely stay at one again. We had a studio unit with a full kitchen, kitchen table, desk and couch. The unit was very clean and the bed very comfortable. The windows opened if you wanted. The really nice plus was the
complimentary breakfast that you don't get when you stay at a Candlewood. The breakfast was excellent especially the scrambled eggs!! The rate was the best we have had on our road trip, it pays to ask for AAA discount.

Room Tip: Studio suite had all the amenities of a one bedroom suite and we were on the ground floor on the poo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary F
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is my place to stay in Dothan, easy access from the road and has restaurants nearby. The property is fairly new with very clean rooms. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I recently stayed there and as usual had an excellent stay. Comfortable room, good breakfast. I do like that Residence Inns vary their breakfast each morning. The person working the breakfast area was helpful as were the personnel working the front desk. There is a Japanese restaurant next door and Cheddar's is just up the street. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: I like top floor but have also stayed on other floors and they were all good
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business