“This is my FIRST hotel choice in Dothan”

Comfort Suites Dothan
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Boston, Georgia, United States
“This is my FIRST hotel choice in Dothan”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This hotel is off the main roads, there are no neighbors meaning no road noise, and no people noise. The rooms are ALWAYS clean, I've never had an issue with this hotel, it is my first choice when staying in Dothan.

Room Tip: Top floor you don't worry about hearing the room above you cause there isn't one....
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Kim W, General Manager at Comfort Suites Dothan, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel....yes we are off the beaten path but, we are feel that it is one of the best hotels to stay at....thank you for being our guest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I stay over 100 nights a year in hotels. I have switched from other chains to Comfort Suites because most of them are exactly like this one. Namely the hotel is new, extremely clean and the room is great. The television actually works like it should! My compliments to the staff and owners!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank don t
Thank you for being our guest and I am very happy that you found our hotel to be a place that you would like to return to. I have to also say that our staff is one of the best ones out there...Thanks again Kim
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The rooms and service at the Comfort Suites are wonderful, and the breakfast was great, however, I have stayed there about 2 or 3 times this month and everytime I asked to speak with the manager, she's never there. But the lady at the front desk in the mornings Jennifer took care of me, maybe they should make her the manager.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Lovemybabys
Kim W, Manager at Comfort Suites Dothan, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
I wanted to say thank you for the great comment on Jennifer. I wanted to also apologize that I was unable to meet with you when you aked. I looked back at the dates and I was at our Choice Conference when you there last and unfortunatley I was out with a sales blitz this last time. I do want you to know that it is guests like you that help keep our hotel strong and going. My other apology is that being a limited service hotel I have not only the title of GM but also Sales person so there are times that I am taken away from the hotel....which means that I don't get to greet each guest like I really want to. That is why I have the best staff any hotel could offer....so that when I am unable to be there I do not worry that my guests are still being taken care of. I would love to sit and chat with you next time you are at the hotel....Thanks again for being a great guest and I do look forward to meeting with you soon.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Husband is in the military and we stayed the night here before arriving to post. Hotel was very new, still smelled the "new" in it, and very clean. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. Breakfast was plentiful and saved us in finding a place to eat. Close to a major road and easy to get to the main areas in Dothan. Will definitely stay here again if we need to.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words and thank you for being a guest at the Comfort Suites....Also, thank you to your husband for his service in the Military and for you as his family supporting the decision that he has made...
Dunmore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 May 2012

This was the First time here very nice. Staff was pleasant and the best eggs I have had at a hotel in a long time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for writing a response about Comfort Suites and also thank you for uploading the pictures of the hotel so that other guests can see for themselves....Thank you for the wonderful comments about the hotel and staff....I do want to apologize that at the time you were there the printer and treadmill were down...We hate when things like that happen and I know it was an inconvenience for you....we have taken care of the issue when the parts arrived and hope that you will give Comfort Suites another try on your way through Dothan again....
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This is one of the nicer Comfort Suites that I have visited. It has the new design and everything is clean. I always like to look at traveler's photos but there were none when I checked out the reviews before reserving a room. So I will post several for you to see.

Check in was fast and easy. I had a room next to the highway but noise was not bad especially with the fan running. There is an area at the front desk between the employees keyboard and monitor (a recessed space in the desktop). It was filthy with dust and crumbs--not a great sight when checking in. But the lobby was clean with a modern design.

The room is spacious and clean. No spots or stains on the carpet or sofa--even in the hallways. Nice chair at the desk. Spacious closet and foyer. Bed was comfy and slept well. Stairwells are clean and smell fresh--I use stairs for exercise so I usually check these out. Pool is outside next to parking lot--it is small but looked very clean.

Breakfast was the standard fare for the chain and everything looked fresh. I could not get into the fitness center with my key so someone had to open the door for me each time.

I would give this hotel a five but I needed to print some items and the printer in the "business center" was out of order. The business center consist of a computer and printer in the lobby area. Also in the fitness center there is an "out of order" sign on the treadmill. These two items can be pretty important to a traveler so I had to deduct a star. Otherwise everything was pretty good and I would stay here next time I am in the area. I have stayed at some of the other hotels and for the price ($103) and cleanliness/newness of hotel this will probably be tops on my list for the Dothan hub.

Room Tip: If sensitive to noise, ask for room on parking lot side.
1 Thank ResortSpaLady
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I travel to Dothan once or twice a month from Birmingham. Comfort Suites on 231 continues to be the best value in town... price, service, convenience, friendly staff. Going to be tough to get me to change.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms (front) are quieter because they are away from the road.
1 Thank Bo S