“Regular from Mississippi”

Comfort Suites Dothan
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
“Regular from Mississippi”
Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

Everything was perfect...but my room was on the side where there was a busy road. The young lady at the desk was extremely nice. Breakfast was great. Restaurants were close. This is based off of the first night stay of a two night stay.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I was very pleased with this property. It's quite new and clean. Has everything we needed for a comfortable night's stay. Was surprised to find the seasonal pool was open already on April 26th. Manager was helpful in finding me a thinner pillow while both beds came with 4 thicker pillows. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Troy, Alabama
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Booked this hotel two months before my stay. Called the night before my scheduled arrival to ask if I could possibly check in a little earlier than normal check in. I was told by management that I could as long as it was after 12:00 p.m. So, the day of my check in, I arrived at 12:30 p.m. The desk clerk was VERY rude. She was quick to snap at me that check in was not until 3:00 p.m. and that I could not get my room. I advised her that I had called and made s pecial arrangements to check in early. This information irritated the clerk. After about 10 minutes of waiting on her, she finally gave me the key/card to my room. Once I get to the assigned room and open up the door - THERE WAS STILL PEOPLE alseep in the bed! So back down to the front desk I go. They clerk was once again very rude and unapologetic to me. Never once made eye contact with me or appologized for the way she acted. Finally after about 30 minutes of waiting to get my room, I was given a nice cozy clean room.
My stay was for 2 days. I can say that the hotel itself was very clean, the bed was comfortable and it was overall a good value for the money. The hotel is located very close to the shopping mall and lots of good eating places.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 7 April 2013

A nice newer Comfort Suites in sunny Dothan. The location is a little bit "out of the way', although it is easy to find as you head north toward Montgomery. There are lots of places to eat and shop nearby. For the price, its a good value. The rooms are large and the amenities are good. The only negative is the placement of the bed next to the air conditioner - an all to frequent problem with most of the many "suite-type" motels.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Carterville, Illinois
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We had a pleasant stay at this Comfort Suites in Dothan. The room was large, clean and the beds were comfortable. Would stay here again. Grandson slept on the hide-a-bed and said it was comfortable also.

Locust Fork Alabama
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed ant the Comfort Suites Dothan Alabama for 1 night. I have stopped staying at Choice Hotels over the last few years because some of them are quite frankly really bad. Since We were only staying 1 night in Dothan and the reviews of this Hotel were good I decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. This Hotel is new and very nice. Our room was squeaky clean. The Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Our room had a small separate area with a couch which was nice. The free breakfast was also very good. I couldn't find a single problem or one complaint about this hotel. It is down a side road off of Hwy 231 a couple of blocks so unless your looking for it you might miss it. I would highly recommend this Hotel.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Me and my family stayed here for 2 weeks to visit family. Everyday they would come to clean my room at 8 in the morning. I would ask for them to come back later. They would ask what time and I would say about 10. They would say ok. Well we come back at 2 in the afternoon thanking the room would be cleaned. Nope. No towels, no toilet paper, and trash not taken out. So I go to the front desk and they say since I didn't want my room cleaned at 8 in the morning it wasn't going to happen. They did bring towels and toilet paper after that. Next morning they don't even knock on the door asking if I want any service. I had to take my own trash out to them. So I go talk to a manager and she makes me feel like I'm in the wrong. I'm the customer and they should work around my schedule. They definitely shouldn't make me feel like crap for wanting my room cleaned., If you like to sleep later than 8 while on vacation and still want a clean room DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

1 Thank Faith R