“Extended Business Stay”

Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Dothan, Alabama
“Extended Business Stay”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Just a word of thanks for a job well done by the staff at this hotel. Everyone from front desk to maintenance was friendly and made me feel very welcome. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for any time of stay, dependable, clean and professional. Everyone took there jobs to the extra mile to make my stay comfortable. Thanks is hardly enough, I will look forward to another visit next time I have business there in Dothan at this incredibly wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rldrumm
cx_dothan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dothan, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
One of the ultimate compliments is to receive a review from a long-term guest who, himself is a road-warrier. That is, in our business, the voice of the true professional, when it comes to wants and needs in the hotel industry. While management may think they know what guests want, it is YOU who actually sets the standard for every other guest.

In this ever changing, fast paced world, it is so nice the the personal interaction of a hotel's staff is still at the forefront. You can rest assured this level of service will continue.

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your next visit to the Country Inn & Suites - Dothan. In the mean time, several other weary travellers will be pleased to read your review.

Yours truly,
randy.brown@countryinns.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Plainwell, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 11 March 2014

By a twist of good travel time we arrived in Dothan earlier than expected. I called in the wee hours to see if our suite was available for one night earlier and luckily it was. We still got there early (time change) and the staff did every thing they could to get our room done quickly so we could have our room ASAP! It was a nice suite. The pool was warm and the hot tub was very hot!!

Room Tip: We prefer suites so we can have private parent space, but watch the drive way - there's quite a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
cx_dothan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dothan, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
One thing which is all but lost in our modern society is the fact that our business is "People". I am so pleased that you wrote the kind words, but I am more encouraged by the fact that you truly enjoyed your experience.

We truly were honored to have you as our guests. We hope you will select the Country Inn & Suites - Dothan for all future accomodation needs, when in the area. Better yet, we hope that Country Inn & Suites by Carlson will become your main place of slumber for all future trips. You can expect the same level of service, and well maintained rooms, no matter where you stay.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Tennis team travelled to Dothan over a long weekend. Randy (GM) was helpful weeks ahead as we booked various room types for the team. Great prices for very comfortable ammenities. Rooms were clean, bedding very sleep worthy. They had DirecTv service and the Tennis channel available at all times! Check-in Check-Out was quick and simple and accommodating to our late check-out needs.

Special kudo's to Kim White at the front desk for daily friendly chatter and assistance with restaurant selections and helpful tips about Dothan lifestyle. She always went the extra mile to help...great friendly atmoshere for business, family, or friends. Thanks CI&S Dothan!

Room Tip: Skip the elevator. Stairways are wide, safe, and convenient for a heart healthy trip to the 3rd floo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
cx_dothan, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dothan, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
We are truly humbled by your kind words. I am so glad that you and the other teams enjoyed your time with us. You can rest assured, Kim will be put in the spotlight as a result of the comments you made. This is the level of service you have come to expect.

We look forward to the next event later this year. We trust that you will again select the Country Inn & Suites for your team.

Andalusia, Alabama
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Dothan, Alabama for a quick weekend trip with 2 adults and 3 young children. We were looking for a nice, clean hotel with an indoor pool and great rates. We found it! The staff was incredibly friendly. Everyone from the front desk clerk to the housekeeping staff smiled and said hello anytime we saw them. The lady working the front desk when we arrived was having difficulties with the printer and kept apologizing for the wait (check in was 5 minutes from start to finish, max).
We stayed in a 1 bedroom king suite with a queen pull out sofa and had plenty of room for everyone (baby was in a pack & play). We needed an extra blanket and pillow for the kids so I went to the front desk to request them. At first it looked like we would not be able to get an extra pillow as they were all taken, but the young man working the front desk tracked one down for me.
The pool and whirlpool were both very clean and never crowded (although it seemed that the hotel was pretty full). I would advise anyone selecting this hotel strictly for the pool that the website lists a "heated" pool, but it was not heated. The room itself seemed warm, but the water was definitely chilly. My oldest 2 kids had no problems jumping right in, though!

Breakfast was very good. They had something for all of us - fruit, yogurt, cereal, toast, muffins, cheese sticks, waffles, biscuits & gravy and eggs. We had no problems finding something the kids would eat! The staff kept the area very clean and restocked food often.

My oldest son left his Kindle at the hotel when we checked out. We realized it after we got back home and I immediately called the hotel. It had been found and stored in their safe. I called the next morning and spoke with the manager (Randy) and he was extremely helpful. He packaged it up and mailed it out to us right away. It arrived today and my son will be so happy to see if after school. He is autistic and his kindle is one of the ways he communicates and it helps to calm him down when he is anxious or nervous, so it meant so much to me that they got it back to us quickly!
Long story short, this hotel was wonderful and we will definitely stay there again in the future!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
We want you to know that we truly appreciate the detail you put into this review. You covered most areas, and you can rest assured, this will be shared with my whole team.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit to the Country Inn & Suites - Dothan. We will work very hard to assure that the quality you have come to expect in both facilities and service, remain.

Granbury, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Rooms were clean. Breakfast each morning had good variety and plenty of food. We had to use the breakfast area for a meeting room. Front desk staff kept the "away from desk momentarily" sign up most of the time as they were outside smoking or one person brought their child to work with them and was spending time with the child on the computer intended for guests or watching tv in the breakfast room. Indoor swimming pool and spa nice. Had a room by the elevator - never heard any noise! Enter the parking lot apron slowly - there is a bad dip that should be attended to.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
We were all so pleased to read of your experience at our humble hotel. We appreciate the kind words and your comments will go a long way in helping others find our facility.

With regard to your point on our driveway, please accept my apology, this was designed to keep water run off from the adjacent parking lot from flooding the hotel parking area. You may have noticed a rather large drain located at our driveway entrance.

We look forward to your next visit to the Country Inn & Suites - Dothan. Prior to your next visit, if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I do a lot of traveling. A lot. So when I'm on the road I've found most of the hotel chains offer the weary traveler pretty much the same level of comfort. Clean bed, fresh towels, little bars of soap...really what else is there?

I recently had to go to Dothan, AL on business. Lovely town with an abundance of hotels. So I began to call around to get the best rate. When I called the Country Inn and Suites, I was surprised when rather than reaching the usual bland, bored desk clerk, the manager Randy Brown answered the phone in a friendly, welcoming manner. Almost as if we had met before.. In addition to securing me a very competitive rate, he stayed on the phone, patiently answered all my questions and even told me where I would find the best BBQ in town.
After a long drive I arrived. When I walked in, everyone greeted me with a smile. A real one. Not one of those "Oh Gee, I have to smile at this guy." Randy checked me in, and showed me where the hot coffee and fresh baked cookies were. I was given a complimentary copy of USA Today, and was shown where their free library was should I need additional reading materials. When I asked what the wireless password was (how many of us have struggled with those?!) I was told there were none needed. All free. Just like the cookies.
My room was large, bed and the many pillows comfortable, towels plentiful, with a nice large TV. After a long day on the road, I slumbered as if I were in my own bed.
The next day I was pleasantly surprised to find more friendly staff assisting guests with a delicious breakfast buffet.
I spent four nights at the Country Inn, but it felt more like staying over a friend's house. The staff always greeted me by my first name, and Randy was extremely helpful in providing local information. He was always present, never hiding in his office doing "work".
I want to thank CJ, Savannah and Kim W who manned the front desk and kept the coffee hot and cookies plentiful. Kim B manned the spotless breakfast buffet and both Tiffany and Yuphin kept my room spotless and kept me in fresh towels.
If you are going to Dothan, I have to enthusiastically recommend the Country Inn and Suites. This is coming from a man who was a travel writer for years.
Jim
p.s. The manager Randy, could manager any Ritz hotel blindfolded!

Room Tip: There really isn't a bad room in the hotel. I was impressed by the heavy room doors that blocked...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim B
cx_dothan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dothan, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
We are truly humbled by your review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience with us. I am confident several visitors to the area will find this extremely useful when trying to select a good place to stay.

We enjoyed the time you spent with us. It was a pleasure meeting you and having a chance to talk. We hope to see you both again, in the not to distant future. In the mean time, if there is anything we can do to help you in your journeys, please feel free to contact me directly.

I remain, at your service,
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We had an AWFUL experience at a hotel the previous night, so I came to this Country Inn & Suites on New Years Eve day. The General Manager, Randy Brown offered to show me different rooms he had available & take me on a tour of the hotel!! I assured him that we would be back the next time we came to Dothan!!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank vbgn98
cx_dothan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dothan, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
It was truly our pleasure to have you as our guest over New Year's. We trust you and your family enjoyed your time at Disneyland.

Guest reviews go a long way in helping others determine a great place to stay when in the area. We wanted to thank you for your contribution as well as say thank you for your business.

When in the area again, please feel free to contact me directly. I remain at your service.