“The perfect business hotel!”

Hilton Garden Inn Dothan
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I was in Dothan for business with my wife. We needed a hotel that was clean, quiet and close to amenities. We were absolutely amazed with the quality and service.

The hotel is about 2 years old and the staff are very friendly in that southern welcoming style.

Highly recommend the King Junior Suite Evolution room. While it’s pricey for Dothan, the room had two separate areas – the living/lounge room and bedroom separated by the bathroom. Sounds odd, but it worked very well. Two TVs, a full size lounge, coffee table, a great workspace with an office chair that’s one of the best I have used, free WiFi and wired internet, free parking, plus lots more!

The good:
Too much to list here…
But double glazed windows and high ceiling gave a sense of space and peace & quiet.
The business center is complimentary with 2 x PCs and even has a colour laser printer!
Good fitness center

The bad:
Not much.
Compared to other hotels it’s slightly more expensive, but by the time you add in the extra costs (WiFi, parking etc) it’s pretty reasonable/

This place has changed my view on Hilton Garden inns.
(so much so, we are staying at another one in San Francisco!)

Room Tip: Go for the King Junior Suite!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Dothan

Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed in this hotel during the weekend of August 20th and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel was. We had a Jr. Suite which had a pull out sofa which was perfect for the 5 of us. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was nice.We had a Bed and Breakfast deal and it was well worth the money. The food was cooked to order and it was awesome! You could order whatever you wanted off of the breakfast menu and they brough it to do. This was definitely a huge perk.The hotel has a nice gym and Business Center as well.

The only reason that the hotel did not recive 5 stars was because we were not asked if we wanted bottled water, but it seemed as if everyone else was asked. The other family members that were staying in the hotel all received bottled water, but were not asked. Also, the pool is pretty small, but for Dothan it was fine. The only other thing was that the beds were a little too firm for me, but everyone else slept great.

Overally this hotel was great and I would definitely stay there again if ever in Dothan. it actually made me think of trying one in other parts of the US.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Good location, clean, comfotable, friendly staff, nice pool, right off of main highway. My only issue was with the breakast staff each morning. They gave you the dirty eyeball if you didn't order from their stupid menu. I just grabbed fruit, yogurt, etc and they charged me $4.00 for it. Hampton Inn next door has free b'fast. Get over yourself!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We loved this hotel. Great breakfast...omelets made to order! Rooms very nicely furnished. Staff very friendly and helpful! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 2 July 2011

My stay was for a business trip, so I was not looking for too many amenities. The staff was very pleasant and seemed to enjoy their job. I really liked the sleep systems. The room was clean, and the hotel location was also good.

I am a diamond member and was surprised my room was right next to the hot tub/pool area where noise might be an issue. I should have asked for a different room as soon as I saw this, but with the rain didn't expect too much noise. That was a bad call. If you are on a trip needing sleep between certain hours, I recommend moving if you are in on of the rooms next to the pool.

The morning of checkout, no one was at the front desk. I ultimately left my keys in the guest portfoilio since I needed to leave for work. I thought that was odd. The front desk staff was very attentive at check-in.

A nice room and very friendly staff. Just don't be afraid to ask for a different room if you really need to get sleep. I will definitely stay there again--will just make sure I have the right room.

Room Tip: Don't stay near pool if noise is a concern
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Long story short... This past weekend my family stayed at this hotel. The facility was ok but the staff & the policies were deceptive and quite unbelievable! We booked 5 rooms with double beds. When we arrived we were told that we had booked King rooms. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!! There were 5 families. Mom+Dad+Kid+Kid=1 Bed? To add to their BS, they tried to charge us market rates inorder to accomadate the extra rooms that we were forced to rent. Also please be aware that when you pay whatever your cost is to stay there (Ours 510.00) for about a week there will be additional authorizations that they will authorize from your credit/debit card.. (Total holds over $800.00) Wow!! Will never stay again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
nathanb1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2011

Thanks so much for posting a review about our hotel. My apologies for you not receiving the room type you were expecting. We try very hard to ensure each guest gets the room requested and are sorry we were unable to meet your needs. We would love to have you as our guest the next time your travels bring you our way. We will do everything we can to ensure we place you in your requested room type.

As for the additional authorizations, it is standard practice at our hotel (and most hotels) to place holds on a credit/debit card for incidental charges. I am sorry if this inconvenienced you in any way. We value your business and hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Dothan. Thanks again.

Reviewed 7 April 2011

I stayed at this location for one night on business travel and picked this hotel for it's proximity to a work location. In spite of a horrific amount of road construction going on nearby and being placed in the room right next to the elevator, everything was quiet inside the room. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. While I doubt I'd stay here for vacation purposes (nothing special about this part of town), I'd definitely stay again for business travel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business