“Great Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Dothan
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed 17 June 2014

this is a great, clean, professionally staffed hotel. great location near quality dining and shopping. they offer smoking rooms which is very hard to find these days. we were very pleased with this hotel and will use it again. we wanted to get away for a night but not go too far from home so this hotel was the perfect.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Very surprised by the amount of non friendliness of staff. My kids were with my husband and myself and we walked into the dining area with bar at 730pm. No one greeted us so my husband walks up to the bar with my family who did not take a seat and asks for a drink. You would have thought my kids at age 8 and 12 pulled up a seat. The bartender says rudely I can't serve you while your kids are here. I ask where do you expect us to stand outside. This place is not separate from lobby. Told my husband we would buy are cokes for the kids from the machine rather than buying from this place. I then told someone from the desks that if kids are not allowed in a restaurant/bar area they need to post some sign or be nicer in communication to customers. Of course that went no where. This is not a soap box mom! Been a bartender and worked in customer service for over 20 plus years. Gee wiz. Customer satisfaction has gone out the doors theses days! If you are looking for great customer service this place has a lot to learn!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank vegas040498
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My stay was excellent and the staff was very helpful and accommodating. Very Clean hotel with all the luxuries of a more expensive hotel. Breakfast was good & I would highly recommend anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great Hotel. Very clean. The staff was great and very accommodating. Parents beware, when you book a king sized bed like I did, please note, there is not enough room for a crib or rollaway bed. You have to pay for breakfast, I did not expect that. They have refreshments throughout the day, this one red punch they made was off the chain! (That mean very good for my ebonically challenged friends). Close to west gate baseball field and you have a lot of stores if you forgot to pack something( walmart, dicks, dollar store.

Room Tip: Kerrigan machine in each room, limited selection.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anita D
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This property is very clean and very well-kept. The staff is motivated to help with the needs of the guests. Even though there is no complementary breakfast, the continental breakfast buffet charge is a very reasonable $4.95 and the full breakfast buffet is $11.95. The room was very fresh - no worn carpet, dented walls or aged bathroom tiles typical of other brands in this price range. I'll stay again if in Dothan.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Con B
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel was really nice, very clean with great service, plenty of room and extras. Would highly recommend this place with one exception.
For me, the beds were extremely firm and not to my liking. I prefer a firm bed, but these were way too firm for me. Had a stiff neck for 3 days.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was checked into the room requested. The boottled water was right on time for the hot day; lemonade in the lobby was the best. My stay was short and I was unable to use the ammenities, but was pleased with the staff also. Housekeeping was excellent; she reported the bug I asked her about immediately and sent maintenance to check on it. He explained that he had to spray, but I was checking out at that time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business