“I still love eating here”
Review of Taj

Taj
Ranked #3 of 223 Restaurants in Dothan
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Panama City, Florida
“I still love eating here”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We at at Taj (again!) while in Dothan recently. We got there about dinner time, and they sat us without a wait. She asked if we wanted to sit in the lounge or the restaurant. We'd eaten in both, so I left it up to her - she took us to the lounge.

The lounge has changed since the last time we ate here. There are no longer any regular tables back there - everything is "lounge-y", with soft comfortable chairs (for sitting back and talking with a drink in your hand) and short coffee tables. While this layout is perfect for a relaxed comfortable lounge experience, it wasn't comfortable for me to eat in. Next time, I'll choose the regular restaurant.

Our service was pretty good - the lounge was quiet, and the bartender was our server.

The food was well prepared, although I got the feeling the lamb in our Lamb Tikka Masala had been pre-cooked without seasoning, so it could be put into whatever sauce they wanted to sell - the lamb was without much flavor, and not as good as it has been in the past.

The Samosas were delicious, and we got some Keema Naan as an appetizer, as well. We ordered a little less this time, and didn't have as much to take home, but even so, we had enough for another meal when we were done.

Would I eat here again? Absolutely. I want to drive back to Dothan and eat here right now!

• Visited July 2014

“Creative & Tasty Meals”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

If you are up for trying something different in Dothan, I highly suggest Taj. The Chili Paneer is amazing. Also you can't go wrong getting the Chicken Tikka Masala. They also have live music some nights.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jamiefaye3
Lexington, Kentucky
“Good Indian Food, Friendly Service”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We were out of towners passing through. Definitely a good decision if you like Indian! None of us like super spicy food even though we all enjoy different types of typical ethnic food but we agreed the waitress was right, a four or five would have been nice for how hot we should have ordered our food. Hot level three was not hot whatsoever. We got the mango lamb curry, lamb curry, lamb korma curry, and chicken tikka masal curry. All were great. Would come here again. Outside isn't much to look at but inside is fine. Would definitely come here again on another trip. Lamb was roast beef tender!

Dothan, Alabama
“What a difference a year makes!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Was coaxed by my family to give taj one more chance to earn my favor....if some of you recall my first experience there was dismal at best! we went on a week night and there was no crowd or wait...we were seated in the rear area which was very nice and comfortable. we were greeted by a very pleasant waitress who walked us through the menu and made a few great recommendations....we tried three different masalas...all were great...the chips were great and the naan was a perfect accompaniment! good job guys hopefully you can keep this up. we will be back!

• Visited June 2014
Dothan, Alabama
“Delicious Indian Dinner”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The butter chicken, the chicken Tikka Masala, the Chole Bhature, masala papadum, and the Naan are all delicious! We have never had a disappointing meal at Taj.

Visited April 2014

Been to Taj? Share your experiences!