“would not recommend”

Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Sarasota, Florida
“would not recommend”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

We needed a room and all the other motel/hotels were filled.

The staff was okay. The bed was decent. But after showering and walking around the room, my wife looked at her feet and then I did... the bottom of our feet were filthy! We had to wash them again and walk around with our shoes on! Yuck!

Also, very loud with people drinking and carrying on outside their rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vero Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I don't usually like super 8 because the towels are often old and scratchy, but this one was quiet and had nice towels. The room was clean, and an added plus was the yogurt included with the continental breakfast. I appreciate it that lower priced motels are offering healthier choices at breakfast these days.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John S
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in February with my wife and child while visiting some family in Dothan. The rooms seemed pretty clean, had newer mattresses and clean linens, however the rooms were very very tired. It gave the impression of being an unclean hotel because of the maintenance and upkeep needed. The grout lines were dirty, floors were old, walls were old and looking dirty. The headboard wood was peeling and it just looked like it needed a renovation. The room was no smoking, however the chain smoker in the room below me would make you think otherwise; I woke up every night smelling cigarette smoke. The breakfast was very limited, we only went one morning, but there is a Dunkin Donuts around the corner. There are nicer hotels in the area, next time we will spend 10-20 dollars more a night and try something different. For a single overnight, this wouldn't be too bad, but I wouldn't do too many more nights than that.

• Stayed February 2013
West Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

I think the owners are really trying but struggling in this economy. The room looked a little dusty in the corners, and the ice machine was broken. Our reservation had been lost, and they didn't have enough yogurt for everyone in the morning. Those are the negatives. The positives: We were upgraded to a king bed without extra charge. When the owner saw me walking around with an ice bucket and a disgusted look on my face, she graciously filled my ice bucket from her own freezer. I think they're trying to do too much. If you don't want to supply yogurt to all hotel guests, then don't supply it at all; to simply stop supplying it at an arbitrary time like 8:15 a.m. just annoys people. The room was really cheap, but if I'm ever in Dothan again, I'll keep looking for a better place to stay. Having said that, if the alternative is 20 bucks more, I'll stay at this place again. It wasn't that bad.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple