“Suprisingly Not Terrible”
Review of Motel 6 Dothan

Motel 6 Dothan
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I had not read the reviews before checking in. We were driving in from a long day at the beach in Florida. I needed a place to shower and sleep before driving further towards Indiana. I saw the price on a billboard for $29. I called a few other like hotels and was quoted far above.So, we took our chances. There was line of people to check in at 9 pm. We got a fairly large room, it was clean and bright. The beds were not standard Motel 6 beds they were quite comfy. The shower was very disappointing as it was very week and I felt I had half the sand from the beach left in my hair. Overall, I would stay again. After all I wasn't expecting the Hilton it is a Motel 6.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mkokies

Reviewed 27 November 2011

Do not stay there. Checked in after a 12 hrs drive and wanted to shower and get to bed. Walked in looked like stains on floor were never properly cleaned. Bed was literally falling apart. Could see into the springs and webbing in between as I checked for bed bugs. Room smelled like a greasy trucker butt. Smelled of smoke even though it was a non-smoking. Place is falling apart and should be condemned on public health and safety. I'm not sure the sheet were even washed. I did not stick around enough to try it out. I got a refund and left. Though the front desk guy was nice. He still was a bit rude by saying he'll try and sell the room to another person who won't complain. I've stayed at other Motel 6's before and enjoyed them greatly but this one needs to be torn down. Plus the photos listed by the "owner" are not of the location nor do the rooms look like the photos. Definitely a crack motel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel or motel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank david J
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I checked into this hotel after a long drive from Jacksonville Florida. The night time front desk lady was nice. However, the room was not...When I opened the door, I was greeted by a strong, musty odor. The carpet was filthy and there were mystery stains on the walls. At least the bed linens were clean enough to sleep in and the bathroom was usable for myself and my son. I would not stay here again and do not recommend it to anyone with children. I was a little afraid of our safety and felt like I needed to sleep with one eye open because of the sketchy characters around the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TrishBee
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I asked to see the room before I actually checked in. The front desk lady was very rude and acted like she was insulted that I asked to see the room first. When I opened the door to the room, the smell hit me in the face. It smelled like what I would assume death smells like. The floor was filthy. The beds looked like they had just been covered up by the people who last stayed there. The floor in the bathroom was disgusting and the tub and toilet was also dirty.....hair and dirt all in the tub. You couldn't even tell the room had been cleaned. It looked like something a drug dealer or prostitute might stay in for an hour or so and then leave. It certainly looked NOTHING like the website portrays. When I went back to the front to tell the lady I wasn't staying, she said ok, and handed back my driver's license then walked off. We stayed right next door and had a fine experience.

Room Tip: Stay at America's Best Value Inns and Suites
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank corbett4
Reviewed 29 October 2010

We immediately felt unsure of the place as soon as we arrived. My fiance checked in at the front desk and was given a room at the very back of the hotel on the ground floor even though there were few people staying there. About 20 minutes after we got into our room the phone rang and we were told it was the lady at the front desk "checking to make sure everything was okay." We thought this was EXTREMELY odd and were scared to leave our room to go get dinner. After thinking about it for a few minutes we decided to just pack up and leave as quickly as possible before we got robbed or murdered. I would not EVER recommend this hotel to ANYONE, even for the price!!! After reading some of the other reviews we are very happy we left before something happened!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank brianandsamanthaburk
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Unless you need a place to meet a prositute or have no money I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND STAYING HERE. I got a refund after seeing what was left behind by the last people in the room.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pavbama
Reviewed 13 March 2010

Roaches. In more than one place in the room. Spend your hard earned money somewhere else. Room 218 march 12 2010 no offer of any money back

2  Thank bearclawsusie