“Very good gyro and baklava!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zakis Mediteranian - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good gyro and baklava!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

I have eaten here a few times. The staff has been very curteous, the restaurant clean, and the food very good. If you're idea of Mediterranean food is limited to olives and feta, this may not be the restaurant for you. My only real gripe about Zaki's is the location.

• Visited January 2013

Dothan, Alabama
“Yummy Gyros at great prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

When I'm looking for good food I know Zaki's consistantly delivers. I've eaten here 7-8 times and every time the same level of quality in their food shines through. My go to dish is the lamb gyro with vegetables as a side. And that's something else I LOVE about this place. You can get vegetables as your side! It's a stewed type of potato with yellow squash and carrots. A much needed change from french fries everywhere else! I've tried another dish there that was good, but cannot remember what it was called, but I'm still drawn to the lamb gyro everytime. I'll be making many more trips back to Zaki's for a fresh mediteranian meal that's priced right. Only $6.95 for the lamb gyro with side. You can't hardly eat at a fast food place for that anymore and you're getting better quality food that's way better for you.

• Visited January 2013
fort rucker
“Greek Geek”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

I love Greek food. This was so-so. It lacked a bit of flavor but the service was great & the manager/owner(?) was very nice.

Visited November 2012
Fort Rucker, Alabama
“Not bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

A coworker and I came here to check it. I had the lentil soup and the pasta with shrimp and both were delicious. I think the people that work there are related, they kept to themselves, but they weren't rude. I've returned twice and I can't wait to go back.

Abbeville, Alabama
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

Stopped here for an early lunch around 11am with my 12yr old son. The restaurant is very simple, very clean, bright and airy. You do order at a counter but the food is delivered to your table. We ordered the Meze (appetizer sampler which includes: hummus, eggplant dip, flafel, and dolmades), one lamb gyro with roasted vegetables (for us to share) and baklava (one of each kind). The food arrived all at one time within 15-20 minutes of ordering. We both loved the lamb gyro... I enjoyed the flafels and my son gobbled up the dolmades.... the hummus is similiar to what can be purchased from the grocery store and the eggplant dip was a little too much for our taste buds. The baklava was taken home and eaten over two days....each one was slightly different from the other...but all very good.
I think it is one of the cleanest restaurants in Dothan with a pleasant atmosphere. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited October 2012