“Nicest Spot to stay in Dothan (not saying much though lol)”

Hampton Inn & Suites Dothan
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Its a good place on the north side of town. I stayed here after DJ ing a Wedding in Florida and the staff was nice and courteous. Room was comfy as Hampton's usually are, the pool looked nice, I didn't have time to swim. The breakfast buffet was closed early on Sunday, I tried to get some apple juice at 9:50am and the staff was shutting everything down. No pastries left, I grabbed some fruit.

I brought my laptop but they had free internet station in the lobby which was nice. Of course they have free wireless as well.

I don't think they should do that on Sundays especially since people get a late start on Sundays, namely "Me" after a long night.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 June 2010

The manager let us check in early and was very nice. The front desk staff especially Amber did a excellent job welcoming us to the hotel. I would recommend this location for future stays!

Reviewed 25 March 2010

Stayed here on second night of baseball tourney trip. LOVED the staff - can't be beat.

Rooms were nice and the hotel easily accomodated several baseball teams and a wedding party without skipping a beat! They proactively set up a meeting room to expand the morning breakfast area so there was plenty of seating and food for all - outstanding job to insure everyone was well taken care of. Large foyer and sitting area was good for ordering Pizza Hut (down the street) and letting the boys kick around a bit.

Room was nice and well-maintained. My wife thought the bed could have been a little more comfy (she prefers HGI beds) but we all seemed to get a good night's sleep regardless. Walls were thick enough that you didn't get carryover from adjoining rooms - which was nice.

Location is directly across from multiple shops (Target, Ross, Dick's Sporting Goods) and eating places (Logan's Roadhouse highly recommended).

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Hotel was satisfactory. Room was cleaned every day, very nice staff. I wish the pool was opened with I was there, it was a bit cold outside. I will be open in Feb. I wish the gym had some free weights to use. Aerobic machines got the job done.
Nothing major to complain about.
Nice Place, good location to the Airport.
I'd stay again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank FoodiefromCT
Reviewed 2 January 2010

Nice hotel for driving through. Good location in Dothan for some eats. Had a problem with the room. Told the manager on duty. Chad Cool (aptly named) made it right. He upgraded me to a suite (which was not necessary) and went out of his way to make sure the problem was solved (which it was).

Problems happen, but the can-do attitude of Mr. Cool (he lives up to his last name) made it a non issue. Great job. Its a really nice hotel and very comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2010

This was our second time at the Dothan Hampton and we will make a point to stay there again. It is a perfect half way stop between Memphis and Tampa. From the upscale beds and pillows to the fantastic fresh waffles in the morning, I would happily recommend this place. The Mexican restaurant directly across the street was exceptional and the staff was very helpful with recomendations as well.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2009

I arrived at the hotel around 9:00 pm with 2 weary children. The first thing I saw in the hotel room was a spider crawling up the wall near the beds. I quickly killed it so my children wouldn't see. Everything else seemed okay until I picked up the ice bucket to find it full of crushed pretzels. After tucking the children in bed, I decided to take a shower. The tub and shower walls were covered with hairs and something blue was dripping down one wall. I asked to move to a different room, only to be told that the hotel was fully booked. The manager said he would clean the bathroom for me. Thirty minutes later, I was able to shower. The tub, however, did not drain, and water was still standing in the tub the next morning. The manager called later to tell me that I would not be charged for the room. Although the staff was as helpful as they could be, it was a terrible experience."

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family