“third stay-still good”

Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
atlanta, ga
“third stay-still good”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I have stayed 3 times since March 2011. The Front Desk staff- Cheryl and Alvin and others- always make me feel welcome with jokes and a hello and goodbye that is friendly. This hotel is older but not in any disrepair. Soothing after a long day of working, especially in the heat. Breakfast is cooked to order eggs and other items, and for the basic amenities in the rooms, it really puts it out there. I have stayed at a few other locations in the area but the manager, Sherrie, is so thoughtful along with her staff so I recommend this property. Pool is a typical hotel pool with lots of deck space- don't go swimming but to have my ereader and a chair is always nice as well. Not stuffy but not run down either. Great for a stopover on business or for a hotel with good shopping about an hour and a half from Panama City Beach if you want to make a "sand run" for the day.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank chzhead2004

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Leesburg, ga
Reviewed 24 April 2011

This hotel started out with fresh baked chocolate chip cookies at check in! The room was nicely updated, large and clean. The hotel staff was very nice and friendly, even after checkout, I realized I had left my earrings on the bedside table and called to see if they could look for them. Amazingly, they found them and had them waiting for me later on that evening. The breakfast was very good, hot bacon, eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy with other regular complimentary breakfast items. I would highly reccomend this hotel, it had all the positive traits anyone would be looking for!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lorriebug
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Polite and effective service providing clean rooms. Among the best of complimentary breakfasts I've had with eggs cooked to order. In our room there were a few annoyances like a noisy refrigerator, whistling bathroom fan that had no independent switch. Unless you could deal without the bathroom light the presence of the whistling fan was always there to annoy.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Montgomery, AL
Reviewed 3 December 2009

My kids stayed here with mom, loved it so much, they ask if we could go back on this trip. Daddy is a yes man! Let me say that I really enjoyed every aspect of our stay. The price, the freshly prepared breakfast the way you want it, clean, clean room with Wi-Fi, just plain nice place to stay. Book this hotel in Dothan, AL. It is an excellent value. Did I mention they dropped my price by $20.00 on the Suite, lot of money for a yes dad with three kids.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 9 May 2009

I say this because we were here for a long time - 2 months. I would have wanted a little kitchen, but that wasnt covered by my work...this was. I loved the hot breakfast - yumm waffels. And the lady making eggs on the weekdays was so sweet. Nice pool for us to use and a small gym, and a computer in the lobby for guests. Bathrooms had nice granit countertops, all right shower heads (kinda low water pressure). Little 'micro-frige' didnt keep my ice cream frozen and I had to toss it. Right by the new shopping center with Target, Ross, Dicks sporting goods, Barns and Nobel, and lots of places to eat. Over all - a nice place.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 January 2009

Stayed here last year going home to Orlando. Came back for a return visit.

The front desk was friendly and efficient.

The room was nice and spacious. The king bed was very comfortable, but had small pillows. The sofa bed in the suite was sufficient for my 5 year old daughter.

I came down for breakfast near the end of the scheduled breakfast time. There was not much left -- including plates. The staff made a joke about it and recommend that I get there earlier next time.

The high speed Internet and fitness center was sufficient.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank tamsw
United States
Reviewed 28 December 2008

We were visiting family in the area and they suggested any of the hotels at this intersection because they were new and convenient to our family get-together at their home. We picked the Sleep Inn based on reviews here. Glad we did!! We paid $71.99 for a king. Other family members stayed in the hotel ~ they were travelling with 2 small kids and paid $71.99 for 2 queens.

The rooms were really nice with all the amenities you would want in a hotel of this class or better! There was shampoo, conditioner, lotion, makeup remover wipe, coffeemaker, ironing board & iron, coffeemaker, fridge and microwave. Our bath was nice with a granite countertop and large WALK IN shower. Loved it!! The hotel also had free USA Today papers.

The free continental breakfast was extra nice. As others have mentioned, there was a breakfast room attendant who cheerfully made eggs cooked-to-order. There was also a wafflemaker, bacon, sausage, grits, biscuits and gravy and the list goes on. I think every child in the room grabbed a chocolate muffin and bacon - definitely a big hit with the kids. There was a huge widescreen television in the breakfast area so we could catch up on the news. And, plenty of seating for EVERYONE.

The front desk was awesome. Friendly and fun. And parking was convenient and plentiful.

Overall, an excellent stay.

ps, there is a Target shopping center across the street and a WalMart super center next store. Lots of good restaurants, too.

• Stayed December 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SunDiego123