“Worst RV park we've ever experienced!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dothan
Cherry Blossom RV & Mobile Home Park
Bedford, Virginia
“Worst RV park we've ever experienced!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I needed a place to camp near Dothan for three nights with my 80 year old parents and my 7 children. I spoke with a very nice lady at Cherry Blossom RV park and told her I needed a spot for my camper and also one for a tent because I had a few teenagers who would need to sleep outside the camper. She assured me that although tents were not the norm at this park, it would be ok for a few days. I offered to rent an additional spot for the tent, but she said that was not necessary. I arrived, and the same sweet lady checked me in. There was an older gentleman in the office as well who obviously worked there. He was present for our conversation, with me again offering to rent an additional site for the tent. They discussed it and decided to give me a large site (still one of the smallest RV sites I've ever had!) and said no additional site was necessary. The lady who checked me in even stopped at my site after work that day to ask if everything was ok and she saw the tent already staked in place. All was well for several nights. On the third and final day of our trip, I received a note on the camper door to call the office. The same gentleman who helped check me in was irate that I had put up a tent on their "pretty grassy lot." He was rude and obnoxious, and insisted that I had deceived him by saying my children needed extra room to play and did not reveal the need for a tent site. In fact my children needed no extra room to play, we were not even at the site during the day at all - we just needed some place to sleep at night. This place is right on the main highway around Dothan, heavy traffic at all hours of the night and day. This man all but accused me of lying to him. I have never been treated this way by any personnel of any camping park - and I've travelled extensively throughout the United States. Camping hosts are normally known for their hospitality. I would never stay at this park again. On my next trip to Dothan, I will stay an hour or so away in Eufala and drive in each day. Lisa Lewis, Bedford, Virginia

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank 54lisalewis
Cherry B, Owner at Cherry Blossom RV & Mobile Home Park, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Lisa, thank you for making us aware of the issue. We will take all necessary steps to correct our booking procedures to ensure that this type of incident does not occur in the future.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here when it was Pecan Point RV Park. It has been improved & is very nice. We had a level pull-thru with full hookup, free cable TV & wi-fi. Multiple camping discount plans are accepted. The manager was very friendly & helpful.
We would definitely stay here again & recommend it to others.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Mary F
Mobile
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed at this RV Park on our way down to Orlando recently. The office staff were very nice and helpful, the park is pet friendly, and the Wi-Fi and Cable actually worked (unlike at some other RV Parks we've been to)... The location was incredibly convenient, since it's on Highway 231 on the south side of Dothan, Alabama, which made it really easy to get back on the road the next day. There's a Wal-Mart nearby too, so that was also convenient! Great place to overnight if you're going to/from Florida. Even though they call it Cherry Blossom RV Park, we didn't see any cherry trees, but that's okay ;) We'll be stopping here again on our next trip!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family