Hunt's Seafood Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Food was very good. We were served with "Good Ole Southern" hospitality. I liked the 12 Oz Rib eye Steak.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We found Hunt’s on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. We dined in the bar. The bar is decorated rather rustic and has a local hangout feel. If you are looking for white table cloths this is not your spot but if you are looking for good food and fresh seafood from the Gulf, give this place a try. We had raw oyster and grilled shrimp. Both were awesome and very reasonably priced. The cocktail sauce was so good that we ask if you could buy it and carry home. Highly recommend this hole in the wall.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Not sure what happen on this visit, but it wasn't good. We were on our way to PCB for Thunder Beach and normally stop here for oysters and beer. In the past it was always good, but not great. We were bragging to a friend of ours how good the food and service was. Boy were we surprised when we sat down and our experience started. First, I noticed the food score was 84. That should of been a red flag! We sat at the oyster bar in the back and were greeted by two guys that could of cared less about working there. They worked at a snails pace the whole time. It was about 3 pm on a Thursday when we were here. So not so busy. We ordered 2 dozen oysters and a couple of beers. They took their sweet time shucking them. When we got our oysters they were very small and not very good. I found out they came from Virginia. Plus, we must of paid for that road trip at a price of 10 dollars a dozen. We asked our Zombie of a server if the Philly was good. He shook his head yes. So we ordered one to split. Our friend just decided the oysters were enough. So we waited and waited for our Philly. Finally the other Zombie behind the counter realized our food had not come out. He went to the kitchen and return with a cold Philly and fry's (did I say they had a 84 food service score). Not only did we have to find a plate, we had to find our silverware. Our Philly looked like a 5 year old cooked and prepared it. It has to rank as one of the worst sandwiches I have ever had. Our roll was dry and the meat was over cooked. I'll share one more thing that I watched while waiting for our check which was hard to get from our Zombie (who had disappeared at that time). They had a little corner kitchen that I guess the Zombies prepare hotdogs. I watched this person (aka. Zombie) grab two hot dog buns and set them inside a microwave with no wax paper or anything to protect them (from whatever could be growing inside there). Then he used tongs that were resting in what appears to be chopped onions that had been sitting out the whole time we were there. He used those tongs to pull the hotdogs out of their hot bath and placed them in the buns that came out of that nasty microwave (IMO has to be nasty). Then he used the same tongs for the onions and return the tongs back to the unrefrigerated onions. Then he served them to a person that was sitting next to us. I was so grossed out at that point. I could only imagine how our food was prepared at this point. We will never ever return to this place again. Beware if you eat here!!!!!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stopped there while we were passing thru to go home. We got there at lunch time and the place was filling up. Me being a diehard oyster fan I ordered a doz raw oysters and a doz baked cajun oysters. The raw oysters was a lil fresh tasting (cause of all the rain we have had here) but the cajun was awsome. Great flavor. The staff was very nice and and prices was very good. I recommend it to anyone who is in Dothan.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

My husband had visited PCB during his younger years. He always saw Hunts and beer had dined there. It is a classic place. A fresh salad bar and a charming hostess/Mrs. Hunt visited the tables and welcomed us. I had grilled shrimp and my husband had fried oysters. The meals were good!