“Got a room upgrade and a good nights sleep.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dothan North
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We have driven overnight from South Dakota and couldn't drive any longer, found this Holiday Inn express. We arrived very very late in the evening, got a room upgrade. The rooms were super clean, the hotel was quiet ( I was very tired). The breakfast lady did a great job making sure our food was hot and fresh and well stocked. It is a Holiday Inn and they met all my expectations for a good nights sleep. I would stay here again if in the Dothan Area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed in Dothan while visiting my son at Ft. Rucker. It's a bit on the far end of Dothan from restaurants and shops which is the down side, but was more than pleased with the room, bed comfort, cleanliness of rooms and hotel in general. The people there were helpful and patient as I was at the office quite a bit with change of plans for our entire party of 3 families. All I can say is not once was I disappointed. Hot breakfast was great, the eating room was very nice with big screen T.V. a couch etc. so I could go down there very early in the morning and watch the news and not wake up my family. The coffee pot is always on there too, 24 hrs.so didn't have to bother making it in the room. The gym, although I didn't get around to using it, (but should have!) had great equipment. This is a new hotel and furnished nice, even a gas fireplace which made a nice backdrop for family pictures. We had a great time in Dothan, a surprise to me! This hotel is approx. 20+ minutes from Ft. Rucker. There are hotels a bit closer in Dothan but I will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SandyWoodinvilleWA
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The hotel was clean
Staff friendly and accommodating
Breakfast - diverse and healty
Overall - great value

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I was charged an additional $41.00 because Housekeeping Claimed a Hairdryer was missing from the room I stayed, 3 DAYS LATER! When i called the hotel, the general manager, CINDY, and front desk manager, BRANDIE, both treated me like crap as i tried to explain that i had checked into that hotel AFTER leaving THE HAIR SALON and once there I immediately began to get ready for a WEDDING! i only stayed one night and CHECKOUT EARLY THE NEXT DAY! Therefore there was NO need to do my hair or use a blow dryer! Furthermore, if i can afford to stay at this hotel and pay full price of $125, then why would i steal a hair dryer? I do not recommend this hotel to anyone! Should you stay at this trifling hotel, PLEASE GET A ROOM INSPECTION PRIOR AND AFTER YOU CHECK OUT OR YOU WILL BE CHARGED SOME MADE OF FEE!! The customer service was horrible! The location is horrible, while i was there, i was blocked in in the parking lot of the 'fine' hotel by Dothan, Al Police Department. Why?!!! Because, the inhabitants of the vehicle near mine were doing adult activities in the CAR! Nasty, filthy, hotel!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MaryBeth-VA
Reviewed 22 September 2011

This is the nastiest hotel I have ever stayed in. The bathroom was nasty. Urine stains on the back of the toilet lid and urine stains and hair under the toilet lid to include mildew and urine stains around the bottom sides of the toilet. Mattress pad had hair all over it w/dirt to include caked up hair and dust on bed skirt at the head of the bed. Carpet had caked up hair & dirt in corners of bathroom door & around the borders of the carpet as well. Entire room needed dusting picture frames, sides of end tables. Refrigerator was not clean. My room was not in any better shape the 2nd day in which it was suppose to be recleaned. I blame management for not checking behind the housekeeping manager and housekeeping manager for not checking behind the housekeeping staff. Elevator had same trash located on the floor as it had on 9/20/11 when I checked in and the elevator walls need to be wiped down. This hotel is not sanitized to prevent germs from spreading and this include light switches, doors etc. Just this issue along can cause germs to be transferred from one guess to the next and the staff to be contaminated with those germs as well. I did not bother eating the breakfast due to the cleaning issues because free food does not make a hotel. They could not offer me a canned soda. I called guest services and they called and left a msg for the manager to compensate me for the room not being cleaned but she did not offer anything the next day when I spoke to her about the issue. She just stated she rec'd the complaint and it would be taken care of. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! !

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights in November of last year, during the Peanut Festival. Hotel was very conviently located, had good service, comfortable room and free breakfast! We are planning on going back this year and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Everything was clean and just what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. The hotel is a bit isolated in terms of shopping and dining but the circle in Dothan makes it easy to get to those.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family