“Worst HI I've ever stayed at”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dothan North
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Moody, Alabama
“Worst HI I've ever stayed at”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

HIE is usually my hotel of choice but I will not stay with these folks again. I pay cash everywhere I stay but this HIE said that they just have to have a card on file but that I was welcome to pay cash upon check out...I was told my card would not be charged. Well they authorized the card for 10% over the room cost immediately which put a hold of it in my bank (for 5-10 days I'm told). When I approached the manager about this she told me that was there new policy and she could do nothing about it...her attitude was that it was not her problem and did not even attempt to apologize for the check in person lying to me about not charging the card. I don't appreciate being lied to and I will take future business elsewhere. As far as the room it was fine...not quite up to the cleanliness of most of the HIE's I stay at but not bad. Continental breakfast was horrible though...eggs and pancakes tasted like rubber or some type of chemical. Horrible experience!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BCOC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hinesville, Georgia
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I found this Holiday Inn Express to be dated and very low on the customer service side. The front desk personnel were not well versed on handling even the simpliest of problems and could not generate a corrected invoice after they fouled it up. to make it worse they advised that they do not have the ability to send a corrected invoice via e-mail, they can onlt do it via FAX, this is 2012 who uses fax machines? I would not recommend this HIexpress location to the serious business traveller who time is important and want a clean bed.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel they're not very clean
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dothan North, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Dear Tommy T,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. However, I thank you for bringing these issues to our attention as these will be addressed accordingly. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
London
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stopped here, with no reservation. The front desk staff were courteous and quickly sorted out a room for us, giving the options for upgraded rooms etc. We chose a king suite, which was an extra $10 or so. I was concerned to have a room on the ground floor, my previous experience of these rooms is that they are noisy. However the room was fine. Clean, smelled fresh and was quiet! Breakfast was more than adequate the following morning. Overall a good place to stop.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Paris, France
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Called in here mid journey to the coast, tired after a flight to Atlanta and looking for a nice hotel to stay the night.
Friendly check in staff gave us a great walk in deal after a little negotiation, she was really helpful and pointed us in the direction of the nearest steak house.
Room lovely & clean, beds comfortable and bathroom spotless. Had a great nights sleep.
Breakfast was in nice, airy room with staff constantly filling up the buffet - food great, everything you could possibly want and no rush ... nice to sit and relax.
Will definately stay here again would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Negotiate a good deal with the check in staff if you haven't booked. They have discretion over r...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Leesburg, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I have traveled both professionally and personally a great deal, thus stayed in many hotels. I have never been treated by a manager as I was in this hotel. I was helped by a hotel employee to check into a room. The manager later calls me by phone and tells me that he was a trainee and the price is incorrect. The manager should be at the hotel to assist or honor what the employee quotes. I was in Dothan with a sick family member and needed some sleep, bath, etc. I got so upset, I just checked out and went back to the hospital. The manager was not there to discuss as I checked out about a hour after she calls (disburbs me). It was not the money, but the way I was treated. Is this the way a manager of Holiday inn and a representative of Dothan Al treats out of town people????

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bjh8880
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dothan North, responded to this review, 8 July 2012
Dear bjh8880,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
florida
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We have driven overnight from South Dakota and couldn't drive any longer, found this Holiday Inn express. We arrived very very late in the evening, got a room upgrade. The rooms were super clean, the hotel was quiet ( I was very tired). The breakfast lady did a great job making sure our food was hot and fresh and well stocked. It is a Holiday Inn and they met all my expectations for a good nights sleep. I would stay here again if in the Dothan Area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Woodinville WA
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed in Dothan while visiting my son at Ft. Rucker. It's a bit on the far end of Dothan from restaurants and shops which is the down side, but was more than pleased with the room, bed comfort, cleanliness of rooms and hotel in general. The people there were helpful and patient as I was at the office quite a bit with change of plans for our entire party of 3 families. All I can say is not once was I disappointed. Hot breakfast was great, the eating room was very nice with big screen T.V. a couch etc. so I could go down there very early in the morning and watch the news and not wake up my family. The coffee pot is always on there too, 24 hrs.so didn't have to bother making it in the room. The gym, although I didn't get around to using it, (but should have!) had great equipment. This is a new hotel and furnished nice, even a gas fireplace which made a nice backdrop for family pictures. We had a great time in Dothan, a surprise to me! This hotel is approx. 20+ minutes from Ft. Rucker. There are hotels a bit closer in Dothan but I will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family