“Ok, but room for improvement”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dothan North
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Overall, this hotel was pretty good, but had some room for improvement.

The biggest problem with this hotel is the gym. I travel a lot for business, so I rely on hotel gyms quite a bit. This is the worst hotel gym that I have found in awhile. There weren't any towels or any anti-bacterial wipes to clean the machines. There is a TV in the gym, but no remote to change the channel (I asked and was told it was lost). There are only 3 machines - one of which was broken. The bike had a wonky peddle and the electronics didn't work, so you couldn't set a workout program or even reliably set the resistance. There aren't any free weights either.

My room was clean and reasonably comfortable, although a desk chair for the desk would have been nice. I had to move an armchair to the desk in order to have a place to sit.

The common areas were pretty good and the breakfast reasonably well-stocked. Nothing out of the everyday, but decent.

The staff were also ok - they could be more welcoming and friendly, but they weren't rude or anything, just not as welcoming as with most HI properties.

So, overall it wasn't a bad stay, just not up to what I have come to expect from HI properties.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dothan North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear november_moon,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to note that you liked our clean and comfortable rooms, common areas and breakfast option. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. I am sorry that our fitness facility did not live up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera P

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Very clean hotel. A bit less modern than the ones we are used to staying at, but it is kept up well. It passed my inspection ;)

Not within walking distance of too many places, but everything is a short drive away (restaurants, movie theaters, etc).

Breakfast staff were very friendly. Wish I could say the same about the front desk. When I checked in, the young gentleman clearly didn't want to be there. I tried to ask what there was to do around Dothan, as we arrived a day early for what we were in town for, but he said "uh nothing" and didn't care to elaborate. Additionally, he gave me a welcome bag and when I asked for the 300 bonus points instead, he said they did not participate in that. I found that odd, as every other HIE we have stayed at has given us points instead of the welcome bag.

This isn't a huge deal to me. I'm being a little nit picky here, because the good definitely outweighed the bad. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I enjoy staying at this Holiday Inn express..they are very nice and friendly. The property is very clean, great parking and easy access to business work in Dothan. I like clean and friendly and this is tip-top!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Very clean, friendly, and staff is very welcoming. Rooms were clean and smelled great. Only draw back is there no restaurants nearby, you have to drive a little. Will stay again when I am back in town next month.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed there on our road trip. The location is kind of in the middle of no where, but it does not really matter for a road trip. The hotel itself is clean and comfy. The bed is cozy and furniture is new. It was a pleasant stay on the way.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Isabel Z
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Everything was very nice, except bar closed very early. Rest of the hotel was clean and comfortable. Work out room was minimal expectations.Tike bar was never open while we were there but pool looked really nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GlenFitz
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dothan North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear GlenFitz,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Hotel rooms aren't my favorite places. Maybe I've seen too many of those television shows that show you how dirty some of them really are. When we arrived at our room after midnight after a very long day, I used antiseptic wipes on the toilet seat, counters, remote controls, etc.. The toilet in this particular room had some gross yellow streaks, which turned out to be iron stains from the water, but yellow streaks in a toilet just don't make a great first impression. The counter top in the bathroom had several hairs from previous guests. So did the shower. The air conditioner was extremely loud. Fortunately I had ear plugs with me that helped tune it out. I would have complained, but was too tired. Left after an ok breakfast without showering since I was headed straight home. Wouldn't stay at this location again. For over $100 a night, I expect clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crystal E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dothan North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Crystal E,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.