“Where I always stay when in Dothan.”

Best Western Dothan Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Cantonment, Florida
“Where I always stay when in Dothan.”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Dothan has many hotels to choose from with various ranges in price. As for someone like myself who is on the road every week, I always look forward to staying at this hotel. The front desk help is absolutely great. They are always warm and friendly to guests. It is located just off the main by- pass around Dothan and is easy to get to any restaurant or business. What I like best is the rooms. They all have flat screen TV's and the beds are superior. They do a tremendous job on the upkeep of this hotel as it is not the newest in town. The rooms are beautifully done. It is also very quiet. For my money this is the place.

Room Tip: ask for corporate rate
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank rwiscombe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I traveled to Dothan with my daughter, so she could take the test for admission to Medical School. The testing center was in a plaza right next door, so that was a major plus. The Inn location is convenient to shopping and dining with several malls, shopping centers, and restaurants in the immediate vicinity. However, beware of the road construction on Hwy. 231/Montgomery Hwy. It made navigating unfamiliar territory a little difficult, especially at night. The hotel staff was attentive and friendly. The exterior looks like a run of the mill Best Western, but the interior was newly renovated and very clean. The rooms were not huge, but just the right size for two. Everything from the carpet to the bedding to the shower was clean and fresh. The beds were very comfy. The room included both a refrigerator and a microwave oven. Our parking space was literally 4-5 steps to our door. Even though we were two women traveling alone at night, we still felt very safe. The continental breakfast was plentiful with a good variety. Our rooms was next to the pool and directly behind a Mexican Restaurant, which leads to my only complaint. The dumpster to the restaurant was dumped at 3:00 a.m. making a terrible noise, and disrupting what would have otherwise been a good nights sleep. Overall, I am very pleased with this location for the value (received a discount rate of $71.80 a night), rooms, and especially the cleanliness.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank desdemama
Fredericktown, Missouri
Reviewed 9 May 2010

Ive stayed in a few from very nasty to in between. This one was great. very clean great staff and comfortable. The breakfast was so so but what they discribed. Would recommend

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 9 February 2010

For a Best Western I was surprised to say the least. Talking with them on the phone making my reservation was fine. But when I got there I thought I was at the wrong place. I arrived and the door was locked and it was only 8pm. Was this that bad of a neighborhood? Then the woman that was at the counter was some what rude in my opinion. My card that I used did not go through the first time and she said I needed a new card. The card is only a month old and not used that much.
Next morning, went to the cont. breakfast which was good, except they ran out of everything but it was almost time to rap it up. Then right at 0900 the housekeeping woman came in the breakfast area and started pulling trash cans out of the holders and proceeded to lock the doors with people still in the room. Which I informed the desk staff that was high illegal and dangerous and they should educate the staff on that. Housekeeping staff seems to be very rude since one that was in the lobby was staring me down after reporting her co-worker earlier. Secondary lock on the room was broke, no extra's like shampoo or conditioner or lotions. I thought I was at motel six or something. Wi-fi was sketchy at best , hit and miss connection and I have a pretty decent receiver . Called and asked if it was working and all we got was it should be, nothing more or less. I think I will have to miss this one next time and try one of the others in the area. The sad part is that I really like Best Western for the most part.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ed391
mcdavid fl
Reviewed 20 October 2008

this motel is old in need of up grades in the rooms that are only rented to construction workers i have stay here off an on for the past ten to 12 years an there hosipitly has not changed when you stay three to four weeks at a time it does not seem to matter so this is agood reminder why after this wee i will be looking some where else and did i mention the staff is rude i stay only till i have time to find some where suitable dont get me wrong cash an criedit card customers get treated better than some one using clc

• Liked — rooms are clean good tv good internet
  • Disliked — desk clerks atitude an not very friendly
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank taz907
Alabama
Reviewed 28 December 2007

I found this hotel to be an excellent choice as a mid-way stop in my trip. It was very easy to access, expecially if traveling from the north at night, as it was just before the bypass. The check-in staff was friendly and courteous and in just a few minutes I was in my room. The room was very clean; the heating unit quiet, and the bed comfortable. The breakfast left a little to be desired, but since I'm not a big breakfast eater anyway, was no problem for me. If you want to start the day with a hearty meal, I'd suggest going elsewhere for breakfast. I think the in-room hotel info indicated there would be biscuit and gravy but there was none, just mostly sweet rolls and cereal. The breakfast area was large and clean. As for dinner, there was a Mexican restaurant adjacent, but for anything else you'd have to walk across a busy highway or drive.
As a female traveling alone a lot, I found this hotel to be very comfortable and secure, and would definitely stay again.

• Liked — location, price, cleanliness
  • Disliked — walkable access to restaurants
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank costumegirl
Rocky River, Ohio
Reviewed 25 April 2007

Quite a positive experience for me at this Best Western. First and foremost, I found the room extremely clean and quiet. Being located on the always busy Montgomery Road, I was worried about traffic and truck noise, but it was no problem at all. In the room , the climate controls worked well, beds were comfortable, and over the course of my three nights stay, professional daily cleaning. The only negative is the complimentary breakfast-while in an attractive spacious room, food choices not up to par. No half and half for coffee, just powdered chemicals-ugh! Employee were very helpful with info about the area and free local paper and USA Today available. All in all good value for your dollar.

• Liked — Clean and quiet
  • Disliked — Substandard breakfast
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled solo