“Great Bed!,”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dothan
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
“Great Bed!,”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I was on my way back from FL after staying in a place where the bed or lack of had my back killing me. I had called my wife and she looked on TripAdvisor for a place for me to stay and based on the reviews I decided to try the La Quinta. I am so glad that I did, the room was clean and the bed was absolutely great, it was like the beds at the Hampton s which I love. The carpet did show some wear and so did the furniture. The carpet in the hallway going to the rooms also had some wear but the room was clean. They did still have old tube TV's in the room but they did have several channels to watch. The staff was friendly and they gave me a coupon for the Waffle House that is in the adjoining parking lot, which was great for me since I didn't get to the hotel until after 11. The breakfast was good, about the average continental breakfast. I would definitely stay at this location again and would recommend this Inn to anyone. I do have to say that I normally do not stay at La Quinta's but if they are all like this then I will have to rethink staying at them.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Pam G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dothan, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share such positive remarks regarding our beds.

Please be sure to let us know if we ever fall short in your expectaions.

We hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely

Pam Garrett GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The Staff is very Friendly ! The rooms are very nice and clean . The Breakfast is really good. The location is close to many restaurants and shopping. Has a outdoor Grill for your use and I have use it once on a extended stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words. I will be certain to share them with the staff.

Please be sure to let us know if we ever fall short in your expectations.

We hope to see you again soon.

Pam Garrett GM
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed here for one night while traveling with our two dogs to the Florida panhandle. As always, La Quinta's pet policy makes them our hotel of choice whenever we travel, but this was probably the best La Quinta we've stayed at. The room was comfortable and spacious and very clean. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. And the location is fantastic! It felt very secure and safe, and the dog walking area is clean and equipped with a poop station. My husband got hungry in the middle of the night and just popped over to the Waffle House for takeout - how awesome is that?!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is a great place to stay if you travel with dogs. It's very quite and we didn't hear one dog bark during our 3 night stay. I also have to say the staff was one of the best we have met in a long time. We highly recommend this hotel as a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

GAINESVILLE
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We were passing through Dothan late at night and wanted a hotel that was convenient to 231 north so we decided to give it a try. Overall its above days inn - motel 6 but far below courtyard and hampton inn. To start with you get an overpowering smell of cheap cleaners throughout the room. Second, the door does not have a good seal so at night the hallway lights shine brightly into the room and for me, i need a very dark room. Third, you will hear the air brakes from 18 wheelers as they come through the 231 north/ ross clark circle intersection. Fourth and it is a huge deal breaker for me, the AC unit comes on like a jet engine throughout the night for a few minutes and then shuts off completely, then repeats itself every 30 minutes or so. The following night we stayed at a hampton inn and it appeared to be the same type AC unit (but much newer) but its fan would stay on continuous and then gently add the AC cooling so there was very little noise level change. If really loud "white noise" is ok with you at intervals throughout the night then your good to go.
Overall i gave this hotel poor ratings based on its comparison to the hampton in on the following night, i'm sure if i stayed at a days inn i would have given it a much higher score. Breakfast was typical with the make your own waffles, cold cereal, fake eggs, yogurt and toast. Property seemed well taken care of and parking lot seemed safe. I will point out that the staff were all very pleasant

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Peachland, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

My first stay at La Quinta was here in Dothan, Alabama. I must say that I am impressed. I always stay at decent hotels when traveling for pleasure (I.e Holiday Inn, Hilton, Embassy etc) but typically am budgeted on business trips. I stayed here out of necessity; it doesn't fall into my business hotel allowance. I must say I will consider La Quinta for personal travel from this point forward. It was unexpectedly nice. The television in my king jacuzzi suite was an old projection style 27", but did the job just fine. The bed was the most comfortable that I've ever slept on in a hotel. Wonderful stay, clean comfortable room, courteous staff... Can't ask for much more...

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business