“Friendly, Clean and a Great Stay”

Executive Inn & Suites
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed 20 April 2008

Had to go to Dothan with my 6 yo daughter for a two day stay and found the Country Hearth and Inn on the internet, called and spoke to a very friendly employee who answered all my questions and was extremely helpful in telling me about the area (restaurants, shopping and location to where we were visiting).
Upon arrival met the nicest staff, checked in very quickly and offered any assistance needed. Our room was not 5 star, but was not expecting it to be, the room WAS however, clean and roomy, had clean towels (bath, hand and face), new soap, shampoo and toilet paper, room accommodations included microwave & refrigerator which were very clean, hairdryer, small sofa, table with 2 chairs and cable color tv, yes it did have older furniture (nightstand, table, dresser & sofa, but all appliances seemed new). Did experience a problem with the air conditioner late in the first day, but was immediately moved to a new room, and everything was just as described above (cannot really complain about them not being aware of the AC, probably the first time it had been turned on this season, due to weather just warming up). It did appear alot of the staff lives on site. The pool was clean and the pool area very inviting, my daughter had a great time and was included in play by the staff's children (in my opionion it was still to cold to swim, but the kids turned blue happily!). Extra towels and blankets given upon request with a smile, only asking what else they could do. Upon returning from an outing saw the manager/owner going in/out of rooms with his staff and heard him talking about replacing stained, old and tattered furniture and that, to me, shows he cares about its appearance and is working to make it a nicer place. Also our room had been cleaned, bed made and fresh towels put out. Free breakfast was muffins, bagels, cereal, fresh fruit, milk, juice and coffee. Hotel seems to appeal to the 'working class' and felt very comfortable. My main concern, of course, traveling alone with my daughter, was safety and I can honestly say we felt very safe and comfortable and would stay here again. Also just 1 mile away from Adventureland, a great little park with kid golf, bumper boats, race track and arcade, my daughter and I had a great afternoon there and the hotel is right in the middle of many restaurants, we enjoyed the Outback Steakhouse and others and did not have to go out of our way for anything.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 December 2007

Moved to this hotel after staying 2 days at the Quality Inn a couple doors down. This is sort of run down, it used to be a Ramada Inn at one time. They are fixing up the place, and you get a small fridge and microwave in your room. They have about 3 washers and dryers onsite. The continental breakfast is a joke, just go to IHOP or someplace else. I stayed here for the great weekly rate, probably 4 weeks.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2007

We where to visit my best friend and family in their new home town. I had not seen her in a while. So we traveled to visit and stay in hotel while visiting. We went to the Ramada Limited and they directed us to Country Hearth Inn & Suites. Price was very good, although not an issue, and it looked so nice. We decided to stay. From recent things on our travels I usually look and make sure. From the looks of everything and the staff, we did not have to do so.
I just want to start with the person that checked us in was very friendly and helpful. Upon seeing the lobby we thought this was an incredible place to stay. It seemed so nice and cozy. I figured that we would have such a nice room and we could just fall into bed and rest.
WHAT A SHOCK!! SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PLACE TO DRIVE UP TO, WONDERFUL WRAP AROUND STAIRS, CHANDELIER, AND NICE STAFF!! I WAS SO SHOCKED TO FIND THAT THIS WAS TO BECOME AS IT WAS>
The beds where nice but upon seeing the roach crawling in the bathroom and the stuff all over my socks I no longer felt so nice. Their where only two towels, no soap, and two wash rags for a queen size double room.
The place to hang up your clothing was filthy. The walls in it where covered with filth from top to bottom. The room had a bad smell, and the air hardly worked. Also, there was no info on the town or phone book.
Upon looking around at the pool it was covered on the bottom with leaves and green.There was a wire hanging where a phone used to be near the wading pool for the kids.
Then, I started to do the laundry close to us because I could not sleep. On the way the fire extinquisher was extremely old and a birds nest was there, the ice machine was dirty and trash was all behind it. ***The laundry room was the worst . It was muddy <or what I first thought was mud> on the floor and water was everywhere. Yet, when looked further in the room found that the sinks where ripped out and toilet gone with every possible pipe exposed. Even the sewer pipe was leaking onto the floor into the following room on the carpet. Luckily I just peaked around the corner to see it. That is so unsanitary and gross!! Why have the place open if it is like that? Being a health care professional I can say many illness' can result from this. Especially curious kids, and people with asthma. Anyone actually can get health issues due to such. I and my child have asthma, so roaches, water damage<which usually leads to mold and bacteria>not to mention the worst part above. I have images of our trip and stay here bc of these concerns.
I hope that they are taking care of this issue for their safety as well as others. I so wanted to love my stay there and would like to go back to see that things have changed. They have several rooms to chose from, even a presidential suite. I hope they fix these things. Fire safety and health is the utmost importance for a person or family that stays at a hotel. Thank you and I am so shocked and so wanted everything to be warm, welcoming, safe and comfortable. I just cannot get over the shock of how things turned out to be!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank AngelHighb
Reviewed 21 March 2007

I was visiting family in Dothan earlier this month and was looking for a hotel to stay at. I read this review from 2005 and decided i would stay to see if the hotel had gotten any better, i actually didnt need a hotel to stay in because i could have stayed with family but i decided to anyways. While staying here i really enjoyed my stay. The ladies at the front desk were very friendly, and anytime i needed something i got it. My room was clean and my bed was very comfortable, i slept great. The bed also smelled wonderful. Breakfast in the morning was delicious, they had bagels, toast, cereal, pecan swirls, danishes..and coffee ofcourse. I recommend you stay there on your next visit to Dothan!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank cocostar18
A TripAdvisor Member
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 21 July 2005

I wanted to comment on our stay for the our family reunion held this past weekend in Dothan AL. The Ramada was the chosen host hotel. I was not impressed from the beginning of our stay. We requested a room with a refrig and microwave. Well, we got it, BUT only after my husband had to help the hotel employee CARRY it from the storage area to our room. This is after a long road trip from Charlotte NC. The matresses felt like they were 100 years old and offered no body support. The shower curtain was filthy at the bottom where residue from showering accumulates. Dead palmetto bugs (flying roaches) were a regular part of the outdoor scenary. And this awful smell from the sewage pump permeated the air late Saturday night.
The breakfast buffet was nice. The pools were nice. But above all, I wouldn't expect this stay to cost us 63.00 per night. Maybe 35...reflective of a one star, or NO star hotel. If you're looking for a decent stay for the 60-75 range, look elsewhere. Furthermore, you could look and tell where the hotel was being used as a residence by someone. Picture frames in their window and all. One of the rooms on the top floor had a boarded up window. Just plain old tacky!!!
The website indicated the hotel was recently renovated/upgraded....a more appropriate description would be still undergoing renovations!

• Stayed: July 2005