“Blech!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Savannah, Georgia
“Blech!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

This property is now a Quality Inn, but that name is even less appropriate. At one time this included 3 wings of rooms, conference rooms, etc. Now one wing is used, the others are boarded up and behind chain link fence, and the conference room wing is a redneck bar.
We needed towels in our room, but were informed none were available until housekeeping arrived in the morning. So much for an evening shower. The children's pool looks like a birdbath. "Breakfast", while advertised as including waffles, yogurt, fruit and pastries, consisted of spotty apples and very tired donuts. Coffee was lukewarm, with only artificial creamer available.

The bathroom door in our room would not shut tightly, and the room had one tiny wastebasket by the bed- none in bathroom or sink area.

Do NOT stay here!

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank d p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

I thought long and hard of how/what I was going to say about the "Country Hearth" and the perfect words would be, A Dump. At first it was promising. The outside was nice until we walked in through the doors. The entire place was under construction and looked like it had been abondend years ago. The smell of smoke was so thick it was over welming. We finally got into a room that seemed to smell like a meth lab. The carpet felt wet and smelled like a used jock strap. The front window was cracked from top to bottom and the tv didnt even work half the time. To top it all off the next morning they didn't even have breakfast like we were told.

Now for my biggest complaint. My cousin left his wallet when we had left and came back within 30 minutes. When asking if they had found his wallet they told him it was at the front desk. After he had received it, his money had been taken. After a short argument one of the workers took the 20 dollars and gave it back to my cousin.

The employees that they have hired are theives and liers. So to add on to our already unpleasant stay we had to worry about the employees stealing our money.

Next time I will be stayin at the boarded up place right next door.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Rustyshakelferd

Travellers are raving about these Dothan hotels

Glen Ellyn, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012 via mobile

Calling this place a dump would be an insult to your refuse company. It is tired, dirty and barely acceptable. The beds were OK and the toilets clean but that's all folks. My AC thermostat was broken requiring it to be set at 56 degrees to be acceptable. The breakfast was not acceptable. The staff was slow and barely responsive. I wii not stay here again. Would rather sleep in my automobile.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank DickMcD
Dothan, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

this is by far the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. rooms are filthy and outdated. pools are disgusting. roaches in several rooms. front desk employees are rude and not helpful at all. the area isn't safe for anyone. the "continental breafast" consist of dry cereal, gas station donuts, and an empty coffee urn. THIS IS A CRACK HOTEL! DO NOT STAY HERE! if you want to see the bad of dothan, by all means book a visit here. you are sure to hear gunshots, drunken people making quite alot of noise, and did i mention the employees live on site and are the worst contributors to all of this? i will never return to this place.

Room Tip: rooms are all the same
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank cradford1978
Panama City, Panama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

We stayed in room 2129 and was surprised overall. The room is bigger than some other motel/hotels that we have stayed at. The room had new carpet, and bedding but none of the decor matched and most of it was rather dated (lamps, tv, furniture, a/c) but still functional. The pool area looked rather nice, but we unfortunately did not get to take advantage of it. The check in clerk was nice and gave a great restaurant recommendation. The the internet speed is awesome! We paid a lot more the night before and did not even get a good internet connection and it was a national chain motel. Overall if we were traveling through the area and need a place to stay we would stay here again. Just be sure to bring extra pillows if you like to sleep with extra as they may not be available if you request them.

Room Tip: The right back wing is very quite. All the rooms have good access to parking and it is well lit.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hotaunt2
Dothan, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

Me and husband rented a room for a romantic getaway, the first room they rented to us already had someone in it. The second room they put us in had urine in the floor. Finally they put us in a "delux room" which wasnt delux at all. To sum this hotel up it has poor service rude empolyees, and the complimentery breakfast consisted of vending mechine snacks. So if u r a crackhead then this would b ur hotel if not DO NOT STAY @ THIS NASTY HOTEL!!!!!!
Disapointed Guest

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ericabrooke
Atlanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2009

I waited 4 weeks to submit this review, I wanted to think about it first. As I read the last couple of reviews I think we are talking about 2 different motels!
I travel for business combined with pleasure, my wife & 4 year old always come with, we stay in hotels almost every week for 2-6 nights across the SE so we have experienced the good, the bad & the ugly & we are picky within reason (hate dirt, mold & or stench). My 4-year-old takes his shoes & socks off the minute we hit the room and believe me if the carpet is a little dirty we will know within minutes (I have checked out of hotels because his feet were black with dirt).

Beside my family & I, 5 associates were scheduled to stay here, 3 left immediately & went to the Knights inn, 2 were in one room but had paid through Hot wire & were stuck. I was stuck for 4 nights, but moved to the Knights Inn as soon as I could (after 4 miserable nights). (I assure you I will never again put myself & my family in the position of being stuck in a hotel) They had the room next to us but had to change due to a broken air/heating unit and bugs. Before they moved we had to have their room & ours sprayed for roaches. It didn’t help much (we had to kill roaches on a regular basis and they weren’t Palmetto bugs) on the 3 day my son was sitting on the bed and my wife had to kill a roach that was on the wall right over his head!

The beds did not have blankets! Only a sheet and the comforter, when my colleague asked the front desk the reply was “It doesn’t get cold here, so blankets aren’t necessary.” Never heard of such nonsense (it ranged around 35-40degrees at night while we were there)!
Room Quality: The decor was an outdated 80's style and very worn . The walls were cracked. The paint was messed up and stains on the walls, with holes were something had been. The carpet was sticky and stained as well. Much of the furniture was downright dirty and stained. It looks like nothing had been updated in this room in 20+ years.
Price: Very cheap and rightfully so.
The breakfast liked sad and we weren’t bold enough to try it.

Recommendation: Spend a little more money and stay somewhere else. Forewarned is forearmed!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business