“Great service and lovely upgrade”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great service and lovely upgrade”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I checked in rather late in the evening, and the kind of room I had reserved was no longer available. The woman at the reception desk gave me a lovely upgrade to a suite. The room was clean and very quiet and very comfortable. Very nice experience and would definitely recommend this property! BTW, the pool looks really nice (even I only saw it in the dark!)

Room Tip: The rooms close to the pool have a pretty view.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I was there on business. I was warmly greeted by front desk staff. I was explained everything that the hotel had to offer.

I found my room to clean and comfortable. It was very quiet and the business desk was very nice.

They had a very nice breakfast area and it was very tasty.

When you are in the Dothan, AL area, please give them a try.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Derek L, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words about the hotel, as always we strive to be the best we can. Looking forward to your next visit with us.
Demorest, GA
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This Clarion Inn was convenient to most of the sales calls i was making in the Dothan area. Complete hot breakfast was a real plus. Room quality was excellent, front desk service could not have been better. Staff was helpful in locating and recommending local or chain restaurants. Will definitely stay here again as ocassion permits.

Room Tip: senior rate or aaa rate
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Noah1656
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Rooms were very dated. I asked the front desk numerous times for maid service first thing in the morning. When the maid would finally come, she did nothing. I made our own bed every morning, unless sheets were being changed. You would think by trying to help out, they would clean the bathroom. The only maid who did her job every time was Lakita.
Laundry room was in with Fitness room. Washer and dryer were old. Dryer coin slot would get stuck closed numerous times. Had wet clothes that I had to wait to dry because of this. Roaches in the corridor, some dead. No one bothers to sweep them up. Gross!
Finally had enough with bad service. Front desk did nothing to help out with room problems. They would call housekeeping, but never followed up to make sure things were done. Had to call all the time. Asked to have manager contact me when I was checking out, he still hasn't called.
Checked out and went to different hotel. No problems at new hotel we checked into. Their staff was exceptional and service above average.
Maybe HI should send their employees to LaQuinta for training.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Annie0818

Travellers are raving about these Dothan hotels

columbus georgia
Reviewed 29 April 2009

I always stay at this hotel when I visit Dothan. The service is always great. It's busy during I guess happy hour in the bar area. We later went down to the bar out of curiosity. We had a couple of drinks. It was a nice atmosphere all around. The rooms were clean and We slepted like babies. The breakfast buffet was fantastic. It was great. The servers were very nice. I will always choose this hotel when I visit Dothan.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kitty46
virginia
Reviewed 5 February 2009

hotel dated . room dated. room smelled urine.
bar totally smelled of smoke. poor carpet and bathroom poor repair

GOOD hot buffet breakfast with good servers!!

free internet with computer in lobby but never worked.

staff always flirting with each other. when we needed something... they barely gave us attention.

• Liked — allowed pets. excellent hot clean breakfast
  • Disliked — urine stink in room.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank bridgech
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 January 2009

We were at the hotel for my Daughter's wedding reception over the weekend and had several rooms and banquet space so we experience all of their services. I can't say enough about how professional everyone was, how wonderful the food was, how nice the accomidations were and most importantly the staff was the best. From check in, the reception and departure they are just terrifie. I highly recomend this property for your next party reception or for a great wekend getaway!

• Liked — great staff and wonderful ballroom for receptions
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)